Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Been more than 20 years since I listened to it and today I don't know why I decided to hunt for it and give it a spin... This Album is just fucking AMAZING!!! Could this be like one of the BEST EVER Live Album of any Band from any time?

Everything is just Top notch, Guitar tone is so freaking good and the entire vibe of a Live performance is there. They really were at the top of their game during the recordings of this.

Have no clue why it says 50th Anniversary

:metal::metal::metal:

·
Los Cochinos
994 Posts
Seeing that album cover always conjures up memories of sitting in front of our home stereo years ago and listening to that as a kid, still got that album tucked-away with my old vinyl.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
One of those bands we saw on every tour in the 80's, they were awesome live :) I'll have to grab another copy of this

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
That said, World Wide Live is still amazing. Every member was just on point during that performance.
Oh yeah, the Scorpions never really made a wrong move up through this album. Kind of fell off afterward, unfortunately.

One of those bands I've never seen live, for no good reason.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never saw the Live either. Either I wasn't in Portugal or I was just not interested at the time. Probably will never see them.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Oh yeah, the Scorpions never really made a wrong move up through this album. Kind of fell off afterward, unfortunately.
Yeah, they were a powerhouse of a band once they settled with a lineup. Albeit different from the raw sharped fanged Uli era but a different animal. From Animal Magnetism to Savage Amusement was an era of great albums. Mathias Jabs was the jump start they needed, as much as I love Michael Schenker, his best playing was always outside the Scorpions. That and Jabs may by far be the easiest guitarist to work with the Schenker/Meine duo.

I stuck around until Face The Heat but when Herman Rarebell was no longer in the band, it just didn't feel the same. Eye II Eye lost me though Moment Of Glory and Humanity Hour 1 had some nice moments.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw them on this tour....& they were phenomenal.....what an era that was.All the big bands were playing the enormodomes & concerts then were quite an event.Scorps,Maiden, Priest..... whew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts