1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son! :eddie:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Epic show indeed! :metal: So glad the company I work for picked up the White River Amphitheater 'cause I got paid to watch Iron Maiden, bitches! :fawk: :D
Missed most of the opening song(Moonchild) but I was in the pit about 30-40 feet back from the stage-right side in front of the mains up until "The Evil That Men Do". :yesway:
Coheed kicked all kinds of ass too. Their cover of "Heaven and Hell" ruled. The best part, though was at about 4pm, being front row center, enjoying their sound check. Then I got to bullshit with Claudio for a few mins afterward. :yesway: Btw, both he and Travis(the other guitarist) are running AxeFX Ultras now. I was mostly their backline bitch for this gig.

And Shannon, I was trying to scan the crowd for you when I was getting Coheed's front of house console between sets. For some reason, I get absolutely no service on my phone at White River. Otherwise, I would have texted you. That place is a black hole for phones for some reason.

My view during Maiden:

My "Seventh Crew of a Seventh Crew" shirt. :yesway:

The backs of the shirts are labled with the departments we worked in the Iron Maiden font. :yesway:

And my working pass that let me go anywhere I wanted there. :D

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Donnie, I'm jealous as fuck! We had Alice Cooper as the opener on our part of the tour and I really wanted to see Coheed opening for their heroes. I've seen video of their Heaven and Hell cover, and it rules, though I know a lot of people will bitch about Claudio's vocals.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Alice Cooper live >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coheed live

Jealous as hell, Donnie! Did you get to meet Maiden at all?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Alice Cooper live >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coheed live
:agreed:

We saw this show at Detroit and I told Leon, "I'm not sure having Alice Cooper as an opening act is a good idea for anyone." Alice and his band were kicking all kinds of ass.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:agreed:

We saw this show at Detroit and I told Leon, "I'm not sure having Alice Cooper as an opening act is a good idea for anyone." Alice and his band were kicking all kinds of ass.
Best live show I've ever seen, and I've seen Maiden 3 times.

·
18,790 Posts
We unfortunately missed seeing Alice Cooper due to traffic, but heard a bit as we were finding parking. I'd have loved to see both, I'm just a massive Coheed fan, so I'm biased :lol: Especially since they've reunited with their original (much better, IMHO) drummer, a new bassist who's clean and full of energy, and they're opening for Maiden, their favourite band, so they're putting on some of their best shows ever. I'm fully aware they're not for everyone, and will never try to convince otherwise :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
We unfortunately missed seeing Alice Cooper due to traffic, but heard a bit as we were finding parking. I'd have loved to see both, I'm just a massive Coheed fan, so I'm biased :lol: Especially since they've reunited with their original (much better, IMHO) drummer, a new bassist who's clean and full of energy, and they're opening for Maiden, their favourite band, so they're putting on some of their best shows ever. I'm fully aware they're not for everyone, and will never try to convince otherwise :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts