Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a deal with UK Luthier Jaden Rose yesterday. He has a spare build on the go at the moment that, though not really to my specs or taste, was too good a deal to pass up:

Mahogany body with Swamp Ash top - not over-enamoured with the look of Swamp Ash, but it's not entirely ugly, either. Plus, I can look at having it painted at some point.
H-H config.
Lo-Pro routing with Lion's claw - not too keen on this detail either, but can live with it.
Standard control layout - again, would go for Ibanez JPM layout, but this is fine.
3-piece Maple-Bubinga-Maple neck.
Rosewood fretboard with offset dots - the piece of Rosewood is very nice, and I simply love offset inlays. My first guitar with them. Yay!

Jaden is going to stain the headstock to match the body, I've ordered two different decals for it. I've also got all the hardware I need already, coming off a 7620.
Considering this was an already finished guitar, he's been really flexible on making some changes to it and his service has been first rate. I will definitely use Jaden for my next custom build.

I've also go an Alder body with a flamed maple top on order from Elysian, and that should be done within a couple of weeks. That's also getting 7620 hardware, as well as the neck.

I know, I know. Worthless thread without pics. I'll get some posted soon.

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
If that nut pad you wanted is for any of that, it went out Monday so you should see an envelope from me pretty soon. :D

Congrats on your purchases.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If that nut pad you wanted is for any of that, it went out Monday so you should see an envelope from me pretty soon. :D

Congrats on your purchases.
It is. I've got a nut that has two black pads on it and one chrome one, so this'll replace the chrome one. :)

Lion Paw: :yesway:
I'm not really too keen on the lion claw, but since they're mostly obscured by the trem, I can quite easily live with it.
I'm also gonna do the RC mod that you love so much :p

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
fwiw, you can swap the 5way out for a tele blade and wire it to petrucci style

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
typically, 3ways go bridge/both/neck
the trucc has his setup to go bridge/ both split/ neck

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got a weird feeling I've used a 3-way blade switch and didn't like it. It's difficult to knock ''home' in the middle of a solo. But I suppose it just takes a little getting used to.
Cheers for the idea.

Here are a couple more shots. Two of the fretboard, which I think is a really nice piece of Rosewood, and one showing how thick the top is.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
that's a big freakin top! nice grain on that fretboard.

looking forward to the finished product :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This arrives tomorrow, but sadly my 7620BK is about 50 miles away, in London. I'm using the tuners, p-ups and trem stuff from that guitar on this one, so I need it. Still, gives me a chance to track down some other bits I'll need, I guess.

I'm going to try to do a picstory of putting it all together. Just hope I do a decent job. :\

1 - 20 of 33 Posts