Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That's me circa yesterday night. :lol: Lucky for me I survived, considering that Amon Amarth is the pre-eminent headbanging band (higher headbanging quota than any other band) I think its safe to say that I will never headbang this much again in my entire fucking life. Not only was it a regular Amon Amarth set, but for the "opener" (they aren't touring with support) they played all of Surtur Rising and then the same setlist they were playing for the twilight tour for set 2. This was like the third show that sold out on this leg of the tour, so I say good for Amon Amarth. My head feels like it is going to fall off though :lol:. No earplugs either. :eek:

On the gear side of things oddly enough both Johan and Olavi were using 6505 cabs (ted had a Peavey 8Xsomething or other cab too, didn't catch what his head was). Of course there is always the possibility something was going direct or something was mic'd offstage, but if it was the 6505 cabs (they were using the heads too) I thought it sounded pretty good. Ted is playing a really cool new gloss black ESP 5 string too.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moral of the story here is, if you have a chance see Amon Amarth on this tour, do it. The list of bands that can bring it live on the level of Amon Amarth is a very,very short list.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
No earplugs either. :eek:
Dummy.

Moral of the story here is, if you have a chance see Amon Amarth on this tour, do it. The list of bands that can bring it live on the level of Amon Amarth is a very,very short list.
:agreed: Goofy as they are (come on, admit it...) that band seems to serve a whopping plate of whoop-ass every time they hit the stage.

Any cool props or stage antics this time around?

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No cool props this time. But yeah, Amon Amarth puts on one of the best shows out there.

This show really reminded me how much I love Amon Amarth. They were one of the first "extreme metal" bands I got into when I thought I could never get into death metal vocals. Sure, a lot of their songs are "simple" compared to other extreme metal bands, but they write better songs than the other more technical bands IMO. I going to have to slap some super heavy strings on one of my ATs and tune it down to B now. :metal:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Saw Amon Amarth with Bodom and Trivium back in 2005, and there shows are a fucking blast to go to. I really wanna catch another one but always have shit going on :(

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:nono:

Take it from this old man, that shit will catch up to you eventually.
I normally do wear them, but with all the windmilling going on they wouldn't stay in. :lol: I need to pick up a pair of the putty kind that you can mold in your ear. The Hearos I usually use fall out when shit gets intense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts