Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I've got an Edwards E-FR-130GT (Forest model), maple/walnut neck-thru, ebony board, ash wings, OFR. Came with a JB/59 combo stock, they sound surprisingly good to me but as any gear whore knows, something else might sound better. ;)

So I'm leaning towards a set of Dimarzios from Banjomikez, I'm thinking Crunch Lab/Liquifire but I'm seeking input before placing the order.

- Has anyone tried this combo in a maple/ash/ebony guitar? I know woods aren't everything but I'm curious to hear from anyone who may have tried something similar.
- How does the Crunch Lab compare to the D-Sonic in your experience? I have DS/AN combos in two of my 7-strings and they are the cat's ass. I wanted to try something different this time in the Edwards, hence why I'm thinking CL/LF.
- Tone I want: Thick, grindy, not-super-tight. Something like Necroticism-era Carcass. I play into a gsp1101 > TS100 > VHT 2x12.

Will the CL/LF combo get me there? Won't be too bright? I welcome any suggestions, I've read enough posts here to know that you guys know your shit. :yesway: This guitar is also getting an all-black hardware makeover, including shiny new OFR & Schaller Minis. :) Should be tight.

Thanks for any input, cheers.

Max

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I've read good things about him on GC but had never really looked too closely at his work. Those are the pups you have in your Sims, correct? Likes/dislikes? I appreciate the reply. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.