Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Semi Hollow under $300?

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Joey 
#1 ·
A good one is what I am looking for. I don't really prefer the fatty Gibson/Epiphone ES-335 ones.

Trying to get a decent acoustic sound without going full acoustic.

Was looking at the LTD X-Tone series. I am partial to LTD because I already own the LTD-1000 and absolutely love it.

Go!

#2 ·
Check out the Epiphone ES-339. Much smaller body. Also the Samick Royale RL2 or RL3.

You won't get a "decent acoustic" sound out of them, though. You'll get a "semihollow electric" sound instead, which is quite different.

#13 ·
Was looking at the LTD X-Tone series. I am partial to LTD because I already own the LTD-1000 and absolutely love it
I own one and don't plan on getting rid of it, it's an awesome guitar. :yesway: It's an older Korean set neck, I got it for $250. I can't say how the newer bolt-on Indos are, but Ben Weinman from Dillinger seemed to like his. If you can't find an older one, the new ones are at least worth checking out.

#16 ·
I was literally about to post that exact guitar. I owned one for a year or so and really enjoyed it. The shorter scale and hollow body really fattened up the Tele-twang and made for some great tones in kind of a best-of-both-worlds type way. Plus the color is this cool metal-flake gold/silver blend that looks really nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.