Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was doing some thinking, I was looking at the PRS SE Torero and the guitar is about a grand and BKPs for it is gonna be 300ish. I decided to send a quote to BRJ to see how one of their bolt ons would compare in price. I updated this post to reflect the changes in the spec and the quote along with a pic of a jekyll he previously did with the paint job Im getting. only things that changed was I removed the quilt top from the headstock and body also changed the finish as well.

Body Shape: Hesperian
Body Profile: Standard
Headstock Shape: Reverse Pointy
Number of Strings: 6
Topwood Selection:None
Headstock plate/wood selection: none
Color/Finish: Pearl White with Black Burst
Neck Construction: Bolton
Neck Wood Selection: Maple
Body Wings/wood Selection: Mahogany
Bridge Type: Original Floyd Rose
Nut Type: Floyd Locking
Nut Width: 43mm
Pickup Routes: 2 humbuckers bridge and neck position
Fretboard/wood Selection: maple
Fretboard Inlay: None
Fretboard Radius: 18"
Frets - Total Frets: 6100 24
Scale Length: 25.5"
Headstock Binding: none
Neck Binding: none
Body Binding: none
Pickup Brand: Bare Knuckle Aftermath
Tuners: Mini Grover
Hardware Color: black
Strap Buttons: Dunlop Straplocks
String Gauge: 10 - 52
Tuning: C G C F A D
Special Instructions: Control Layout same as Ibanez JPM 3 way toggle and 2 volume. Semi Shredder Neck Profile.

Quoted Price: 2250

Sample of the finish of a guitar he has done before:

For this finish what covers you think would work best for this guitar

Black Satin

Black Battleworn (pole pieces will be the same as Black Satin)

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
I have seen completed BRJ bolt ons go for about 1800-2000. I would estimate that build to be at about $2000.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have seen completed BRJ bolt ons go for about 1800-2000. I would estimate that build to be at about $2000.
Well then the price difference between the Torero and the BRJ tells me BRJ is the way to go. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Edit: I'm gonna wait and see what the quote says plus got money to save up.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Yeah that's purely a guess. You could always pm Zimbloth he would have a better idea.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that's purely a guess. You could always pm Zimbloth he would have a better idea.
he definitely would but I'm gonna surprise him later on, he's been getting on my case about a BRJ for awhile now. :rofl:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Damn those are cheap :eek:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Damn those are cheap :eek:
:agreed:

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Yea Bernie has really fair prices for the stuff he does, my 7 string with SS frets and a spalted maple top came out cheaper than if i got it from Carvin

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Dude - whatever happened to that baller JPM project you had going on ss.org?
The body that Chris Woods made sucked for the amount of time he had to work on it and the RGA one I came up with was just a thought plus can't find a reliable company to make it. I decided I'm just gonna go with peeps that are 100% legit and actually care about their company as well as the work they do.

Edit: I believe you were talking about this...

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
The body that Chris Woods made sucked for the amount of time he had to work on it and the RGA one I came up with was just a thought plus can't find a reliable company to make it. I decided I'm just gonna go with peeps that are 100% legit and actually care about their company as well as the work they do.

Edit: I believe you were talking about this...

:yesway:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wish I could do these custom guitar mockups, I'd be doing that all day long :rofl:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts