Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys almost a bit of a thread duplication however some people on my other thread have advised i will be ok with my 25.5 neck guitars.

Can i get a decent string tension, with heavy 'enough' strings and not a ridiculously hard to deal with action?

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chris, thanks for your reply.

I am currently battling the urge to finance a Schecter C1 EX blackjack thingy....

but im not gonna be able to afford that till after a whole run of gigs i have with my new band 'Echovirus'. Its so hard to shred when it feels like your playing a £30 nylon string nightmare :scream:

You in a band dude?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
If you're doing a standard B tuning on a 6'er, just get a pack of 7's, and throw out the high E :agreed:

Edit: Or I could read the thread, and you can also get baritone strings :lol:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't understand why you'd have issues going down to B on a 25.5" neck. It's the same as most ibanez 7's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.