Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a dumb question for those who've used high-tech effects set-ups for ages, but is there a specific formula for setting up a dotted eighth-note delay with a tap tempo? I ask just because I'm about to get all my sounds on the POD programmed and saved, but have always set up my tempo delays manually using my old DD3 in the past.

Cheers in advance!:)

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Do you want it to be a tap tempo, or are you dialing in a specific BPM? Either way, you should be able to set the delay interval to be a dotted eighth note... i know you can in the BOSS GT-6/8/10. You can either set your delay times in milliseconds, or you can flip it into BPM mode and set the note value as it relates to the BPM. And the BPM can be set at a specific value or be a tap tempo input.

I'd be surprised if the POD were much different.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you want it to be a tap tempo, or are you dialing in a specific BPM? Either way, you should be able to set the delay interval to be a dotted eighth note... i know you can in the BOSS GT-6/8/10. You can either set your delay times in milliseconds, or you can flip it into BPM mode and set the note value as it relates to the BPM. And the BPM can be set at a specific value or be a tap tempo input.

I'd be surprised if the POD were much different.
Methinks I should probably read the manual...

Basically I just want it set as a dotted eighth rhythm, and then be able to set the tempo via the tap function.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
i haven't messed around with the pod enough to know it in and out, but i can't seem to set the delay on my xtl to anything other than milliseconds. i'm interested in this as well, so if you find out how, let me know. :yesway:

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure you can specify the note duration on the PODxt delays
I think that might be the problem...I'm still using the v2.0.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I know the XT will let you set rhythm subdivisions (whole, eighth, dotted-eighth, etc.) and use the tap-tempo to set the overall bpm, but I don't know if the POD 2.0 will do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts