Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any packs that sale them 7 at a time? Or would I have to buy a 6 pack then find a single tuner peg for the 7th string?

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you mean tuners then planet waves will send a free 7th tuner out if you email then no questions asked :)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what someone else told me. But they only have the Trim-Loks. But looks like I'll just have to go with them.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The auto trims are really cool, give them a chance! :(

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The auto trims are really cool, give them a chance! :(
Probably will when I get to needing them. They are basicly just Locking tuners with a built in string cutter right?

·
Banned
7,428 Posts

Yup

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know what the biggest string they fit? I usually play with 10-59s but incase I decided to drop lower with thicker strings, I'm just wondering what would be the biggest to get.

·
grumpy old man
61 Posts
Stew Mac (at least used to) sell some of their tuners as singles. and one of the ones they sold that way was a drop-in replacement or identical to the Gotoh ones that Ibanez uses/used.

so all the tuners for all my builds were scored from them.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All I ever found that was a single (but havent looked to hard on Stew-mac's website) was the Drop Tuner ones

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Warmoth sells single Schaller M6 tuners, and if you email Sperzel or Hipshot, you can also buy sets directly from them.

Adam (Elysian the Pedantic Bearded Texan) is also a Sperzel dealer.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts

Im not sure, they definately fit a .59 though. They are drop in for gotohs too

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Warmoth sells single Schaller M6 tuners, and if you email Sperzel or Hipshot, you can also buy sets directly from them.

Adam (Elysian the Pedantic Bearded Texan) is also a Sperzel dealer.
I didn't know he was a dealer. And I was looking on the Sperzel website they have like 6 different M6 tuners.

Im not sure, they definately fit a .59 though. They are drop in for gotohs too
.59 is the smallest I want to go for a B tuning :lol: and MAYBE Drop A tunings.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
I bought schaller m6 locking tuners individually from warmoth and had no issue with a 59 low b. great service too.

i bought the planet waves trimloks and had no issues with those for a low b as well, but they just look cheap compared to the schallers.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts

Yeah but they are really cool, they automatically cut strings!!!!

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought schaller m6 locking tuners individually from warmoth and had no issue with a 59 low b. great service too.

i bought the planet waves trimloks and had no issues with those for a low b as well, but they just look cheap compared to the schallers.
Ok, so remember this is going to be way down the road, but Would they fit at least a 72 or 74 incase I wanted them for an 8 string?

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I guess I could always just buy a Single 72 or 74 to try on a 7 string first :lol:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
i use an 80 or 85 for my lowest string, and i have to unwind the outer layer to a certain point to get it to fit in the tuner :lol:

does anyone make guitar tuning pegs that fit such a large string without modification? if not, does anyone know if it would be possible to modify the tuner to fit the string without unwinding it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts