Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Fuckin' awesome. These guys don't get nearly enough credit/recognition, the whole band is just monstrously talented.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Fuckin' awesome. These guys don't get nearly enough credit/recognition, the whole band is just monstrously talented.
Totally agree. They used to be one of my favorite bands and I bought every album and DVD they put out, but whenever I mentioned them to anyone, very few people even knew who they were. In fact, I've never heard a single song by them on the radio. How I first got into them was that one of my friends sold me their first album for super cheap because he didn't like them and I was willing to try out something new. It ended up becoming my absolute favorite album at the time.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

Yup. And they're still making great music. Wich isn't the case with 99% of the nu metal era bands. Sevendust goes from very mellow to really heavy, and that song Naren posted is a kinda middle-of-the-road, wich they do a lot.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
One of my all time favorites. The modern version of King's X; hard working, heavy with beautiful melodies, killer harmonies....and no one really gives a damn.

The Animosity album is still my favorite they've done yet. The guitar tones on that record....mmmmm....Clint's Mark IV tone all over it, really wish he'd drop the EVH heads and go back to that.

All great dudes, too. I posted a thread here last year some time about Lajon hooking my girlfriend and I up with tickets to a show because I was broke. They get it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts