Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I liked them on my 8-string (where did that thing get off to? :confused:) but they are what convinced me that active pickups suck. It only took like two weeks :lol:. Just not my thing.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked the 707 in the bridge of my Hellraiser, but hated it in the neck. However on the Hellraiser, that was with my 2101, and really all I did was play high gain metal with it.

I think I'm in the same boat. I'm sure that for people who like actives, they're probably awesome. In my opinion, they managed to make a 2027 suck. :lol:

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
I'm still on the fence with the ones in my Xiphos. Sometimes I think they should awesome, and other times I think they sound like mud.

Been considering a Crunchlab/Liquifire setup, but afraid it wouldn't be 'metal' enough compared to the Blackouts. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still on the fence with the ones in my Xiphos. Sometimes I think they should awesome, and other times I think they sound like mud.

Been considering a Crunchlab/Liquifire setup, but afraid it wouldn't be 'metal' enough compared to the Blackouts. :lol:
Have you tried DActivators? I really like them - they're awesome for metal, yet warm/articulate enough that you can back them off for lower gain stuff. Nice and crisp for cleans as well.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Have you tried DActivators? I really like them - they're awesome for metal, yet warm/articulate enough that you can back them off for lower gain stuff. Nice and crisp for cleans as well.
That's what the guitar had stock, they sounded too thin/bright to me. :lol:

The only thing that's stopping me from the CL is that the D-Snic was a noisy bitch, and I don't want that hummy shit again.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Chris is wise.

I have a set I need to sell. I hated them in my Loomis.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what the guitar had stock, they sounded too thin/bright to me. :lol:

The only thing that's stopping me from the CL is that the D-Snic was a noisy bitch, and I don't want that hummy shit again.
Hm, I have a DS in one of my RGs, and it's not hummy at all. :scratch:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:lol: Difference in taste then. Blackouts are my favorite pickups out there. And I didn't care much for the DActivators (I didn't dislike them, but I didn't really like them either).

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
\

My DS7 is as quiet as any other pickup is or isn't
Well, you're either a lucky bastard, you have a very clean power, or a noiseless rig, because everyone else who's used a DS7 has had noise issues. Pretty known issue on ss.org. I had one for over a year, and it was not a fully humcancelling pickup compared to anything else I have as far as passives, and no where near as quiet as the BOs that end up in that 7string before I sold it.

So, I guess I'll pass on the CL/DS.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I'll give you 3 bags of Walkers crips and two one week out of date bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale for them Chris :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts