Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
METAL!!!!
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... I play Thrash and Pure (not NU) METAL!!!!

I have an old Washburn Dime332 starfish that I love, but want to beef it up.
Been looking at the SD Gus G blackouts for new pick-ups.

Any thoughts?!?!?!?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Every clip of these that I heard sound HORRIBLE. I kinda like normal Blackouts but these worry me. :2c:

Prepare for a wall of passive pickup recommendations. :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You realize that you are jumping between some wildly different pick-ups.

The Gus G. set has just come out - doubt you're going to find very many people that have real world experience with them.

The S/D distortion is a very good pick-up for metal - I count it as one of my favorites however I have no experience with the BKP's and there are tons of fans of their various models on this forum.

You might want to try and narrow down if you prefer active/passive - ceramic/alnico magnets - what your trying to accomplish tone wise - guitar body woods and what pick-ups you are using today - and price range. It will probably get you some better results.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Pretty sure it is mahogany.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Duncan Custom for mahogany.

·
METAL!!!!
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The body is solid mahogany and I'm looking for a passive pick up to put on the bridge.

Looking for a killer thrash metal chug!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Gus G blackouts are active, not passive.

Put a Duncan Custom (not a Custom Custom, nor a Custom 5; just a Custom) in there and grind some faces off.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts