Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know this is a big :dgaf: for most of us here, but thought it might interest some. I love Wes' playing, particularly his ability to seriously cop Dime's vibe, which is no easy feat. Just a shame he's never been in a band I can dig musically.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The stream of marketing bullshit coming out of his mouth from 2:00 is hilarious. :lol:

I used to like this guy's playing but apparently he's just a djenter now?

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stream of marketing bullshit coming out of his mouth from 2:00 is hilarious. :lol:

I used to like this guy's playing but apparently he's just a djenter now?
Dude it's a video made by Seymour Duncan, what did you expect? This is a company that have had like two amazing pickups for the best part of 40 years, and the rest is all garbage variations of said two pickups that they have to try and peddle to us :lol: If it's not a JB or a Distortion I'm seriously not interested.

Re- Wes' playing - He's never come across as someone who has a strong musical identity of his own, so if he's djenting now I guess it's just because that's the flavour of band he's currently the hired-gun for? He kinda walks that line of techy metally djenty Keith Merrow-core, and hyper-technical death metal a la The Faceless. I honestly don't know why he isn't huge though, guy's a monster player.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
I really liked his stuff in black crown initiate. As for what was said earlier I totally agree that most Duncan stuff is just variations of the JB and Distortion and not necessarily any better.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
He should have named the pickup Uranus.
AHAHAHAHAHA PICK UP YOUR ANUS. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH. FUCK.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I personally dig the "I just smoked a pound of weed, you can fuck right off" vibe he has but I can never defend a fellow grey if he sold out and now plays puberty fuel music.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
tbh I actually think the video sounds pretty good, obviously its post processed to all fuck.

That aside, did anyone else notice that all of the speech seemed odly in time with the music and find it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly fucking weird?!

Also I get the impression that may have been Duncan Jrs first ever swear word

:edgasm:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
"That aside, did anyone else notice that all of the speech seemed odly in time with the music and find it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly fucking weird?!"

I once saw the words a chick spoke to me at lunch as a beautiful arrangment of musical notes spoken by an Angle but eventually came to know that awkward shreak of a she-devil in a whole different light. I hope Wes isnt a evil seductress waiting to rob us of our souls, he needs better legs to do that.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Happy to see all the success Wes has had. Nice guy, one of us and had a lot of shitty drama in his life, rebooted and became a relevant musician. Wish he still came around but glad for him all the same.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Was really hoping it was going to be essentially a 7 string l500xl without the plastic tabs, but nooooo, Wes needed his mids to be "agressive". :pissed:

Does look pretty neat, though.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
WH is legit in my book, dude's a Marine. I don't particularly enjoy the genres and acts he's involved with, not to my tastes, but he only got involved with the whole djent thing after coming back from active duty in Iraq, so generally speaking I wouldn't give him shit about being involved with the djent kid crowd. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Anyone who profiteers off of the djent crowd should go straight to hell!

unless they buy a car with the proceeds

:bmw:

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Wes Hauch...
Is a male human individual and appears to like and successfully gain guitar gear endorsements.

That's all I know :shrug:
This guy known for anything?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts