:dgaf:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:dgaf:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
What, you guys aren't excited for a Seymour Duncan-rebranded EMG 57/66 set?
Of course we are, especially with the increased price tag since their the new "hot thing"

By the way... is Loomis loosing is Eyebrows? Already notice something was weird in his face on another video recently, now I noticed it better.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Of course we are, especially with the increased price tag since their the new "hot thing"

By the way... is Loomis loosing is Eyebrows? Already notice something was weird in his face on another video recently, now I noticed it better.
eyebrows don't really show up on people that are platinum blonde. one of my old friends used to dye hers a bit so people wouldn't think she was sick :lol:

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
I think it sounds good "shrug"

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think it sounds good "shrug"
Ill actually agree with this. This place is full of pickup quark sniffers who skoff at most things Seymour Duncan or EMG and bust nuts over a certain pickup manufacturer that names their pickups after iconic hard rock/metal songs............that were recorded using Seymour Duncans or EMGs :p

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill actually agree with this. This place is full of pickup quark sniffers who skoff at most things Seymour Duncan or EMG and bust nuts over a certain pickup manufacturer that names their pickups after iconic hard rock/metal songs............that were recorded using Seymour Duncans or EMGs :p
You sure you aren't talking about SSO? I see tons of Duncan, EMG, and DiMarzio love here.

If these sound like EMG 57/66's, then I'd check them out if they're cheaper.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
I love EMGs. Just thought it was funny how similar these new pickups sound to a plain old EMG 81.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
You sure you didn't mean to post that over on SSO or TGP? All the love for Bareknuckles, and Kiesels, and Brierlys, and all manner of other wankery brands. I'm pretty sure 90% of us here all rock the EMG/Duncan/Dimarzio wagon because they sound great and are affordable.

Except for Cassidy. He just uses whatever's in the guitar and makes it all sound the same.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I have no problem with them tonally, I just notice almost no difference between his guitar tone with the EMGs and with these. :shrug:
It's hilarious. Like, I'm seeing people who are happy he's using these pickups over the "shitty EMGs" he used to use, when these things sound like an 18v 81/60 set. :lol:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts