Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these? Been looking for something to use in the Gibson SG Baritone to make it match the Buckethead Les Paul in function but the reviews on these seem a but iffy. Some say it quits working after a while and seems really cheaply made. Looks like it'll fit with the thin SG body but the shaft(heh... shaft) looks super long and I don't want one of my knobs sticking out way farther then the others.

On the other hand, I found the actual momentary buttons they used in the Buckethead Les Paul and they will also work with the thinner body. But, I would have to route out a bigger hole for it. Not a huge deal since this guitar will never leave my side. And they are way cheaper in cost. $2 vs. $20.

Also, I HATE that it has 2 volumes and 2 tones. If I get the arcade style button, where does one get those plugs for leftover volume/tone knob holes?

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Home Depot has a selection of hole plugs in their fastener section. Auto supply shops also usually have an even wider assortment. They're sometimes referred to as "tree clips" or "Christmas tree clips".

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I bought some cool looking washers and bolts from McMaster-Carr to fill the empty holes in my LP, but then, I kinda like that slight garage-shop-mod look.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check out Home Depot today. :yesway: And I just went a head and ordered the arcade buttons. Fuck it. I'm not afraid of punching a big hole in a rare-ish guitar. :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Thought about that but I prefer less clutter. And the way they are grouped, having 3 knobs just looks funky.
Funkier than a huge arcade button? :lol:

Go ahead & add one of these while you're at it.

Who am I kidding? You don't drink from bottles. Go with this instead. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, you have a point with the arcade button. :lol:

And I do enjoy a tasty beverage from a bottle now and then! :D ]

And as far as a can crusher goes, fuck that, bro!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts