Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My band At The Skylines has won the Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands for the Carson, Ca Warped Tour date! I'm pretty excited, seeing as this battle literally required no effort at all (not even a live performance of any sort :roll2:). You simply make a profile online, and people vote. :lol: No worries though, we're gonna kill it. ;)

Come see us if you're gonna be there/are in the area! We're cool, chill people, and we love hanging out with everyone we can. :)

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Hey, that's kinda lame that you didn't actually have to play live.

Be honest here. did you feel it was more of a popularity contest than a skill contest? I know I've lost BotB competitions to the emo band who brought all their little friends to the venue. Your stuff is pretty good (not a fan of the clean vocals AT ALL), so I think you would have won either way, but still. Opinion?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Congrats on being popular. :lol:

have fun and forge much metal young Jedi. :yoda:

Reactions: ShawnF

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts

Be honest here. did you feel it was more of a popularity contest than a skill contest? I know I've lost BotB competitions to the emo band who brought all their little friends to the venue. Your stuff is pretty good (not a fan of the clean vocals AT ALL), so I think you would have won either way, but still. Opinion?
battle of the bands are all popularity contests. life is a popularity contest. :spock:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
I wish I was popular :(

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

uhhhhh, DUH. of course its a popularity contest. but were a very clean, professional sounding, fun to watch live band, and i promise that we deserve this spot. i wouldnt be in a band that sucks live and sounds like everyone else :lol:

·
Banned
417 Posts
Congrats, but...At The Skylines? really? how did you guys come up with that one?

Reactions: ShawnF

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Congrats, but...At The Skylines? really? how did you guys come up with that one?
ummmm, is it really that bad of a name? this is the first complaint about the name that ive heard since i joined the band more than a year ago.
also, "you guys", as in the members of the band before i joined, decided on that name because of a song that is very important to our singer and drummer. took the name from one of the lyrics to the song. name with legit meaning behind it + not near as gay as a lot of the bands in our "genre" = good name, to me

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Was it taken from painted in exiles song at the skylines? Either way I think its a cool name, and grats on landing that gig!

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Well, at any given point, there's only one skyline, technically speaking. And you can't be at a skyline, it's something that only exists when observed from far away.

There certainly are worse names out there, that make significantly less sense, though.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Was it taken from painted in exiles song at the skylines? Either way I think its a cool name, and grats on landing that gig!
actually no, but that would be rad. that band is sick :lol:
its from a skylit drive song (which is slightly unfortunate, because i hate that band), but my singer and drummer are big fans and it means a lot to them, so i cant really hate on it ;)

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
also, yeah, It's just a name... I've been in a ton of bands where the other members picked a name that they liked that I thought was awful, and I didn't ask for them to change it. After all, not my band... Well, not one I had a hand in forming, anyway.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, at any given point, there's only one skyline, technically speaking. And you can't be at a skyline, it's something that only exists when observed from far away.

There certainly are worse names out there, that make significantly less sense, though.
:lol: really?
way to take it far to seriously, bro.

p.s. i like the name. chill, foolio ;)

·
Banned
417 Posts
ummmm, is it really that bad of a name?
just somehow reminds me of the core/scene kids and their retarded names

If i heard someone say it i'd automatically think giant hooped ears, guitars strapped to your chin, tight pants, some gay shirt of 90's pop culture and shitty overly brightly colored tattoos
:rofl:
sorry, no offense intended

1 - 20 of 54 Posts