Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a proper pickup demonstration - I mostly just use the neck position, with the bridge for one passage in the middle - but I used my Strat with the ML set for this month's Jemsite solo competition.

This is an awesome sounding set of pickups, plain and simple. This is with the gain at noon on Ch. 3, with the volume back a bit and a soft touch for the first minute, minute and a half. Very warm, very responsive, and the bridge pickup just has this really soulful scream to it with a little bit of gain. I've been running the pickups a little lower and the action a little higher than the norm on this guitar, and using it for more "blues" type playing than I have in a while - legato's a little tougher, but I have plenty of shreddy 6-strings when I'm looking for that.

I'll do a proper video demonstration at some point, but for now, I just love how these sound.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Boy, jail sure has a lot of amenities nowadays! :cool:

Sounds awesome as usual, man. I really like the ML in the middle position of my Suhr. I *almost* wish I had a single bridge guitar to put one in.

Edit: Put that pickguard back on :mad:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: Can't win with you guys.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Nice playing Drew.... that ML set sounds great in the strat!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol: Backing wasn't my own. Or Lyle's, for that matter.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Nice playing and sound!

I'm thinking that guitar needs a more interesting pickguard, though. Something in tortoiseshell might be nice.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I fucking love these pickups. :yesway:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts