Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the title says. I've been running 10.6.8 for ages, and now that I've finally gotten to a point where my system doesn't need to be held stable for ExamSoft, I can upgrade to 10.8.4.

Especially since it'd let me play Civ V and XCom.

Any stability issues or things to worry about?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I hate what they did to Spaces and Expose after 10.6.x, but other than that, it's stable.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

Oh man, what did they do to Spaces? I love Spaces.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Instead of appearing as a grid, they all line up on one long row. You also have to program all the CMD-<desktop> shortcuts yourself.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I like it. Runs stable for me, and while I agree with Dave about Spaces, it's still quite usable. I use it with a trackpad too, which is probably why it doesn't bother me too much.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it's done. Just spent about 45 minutes tweaking everything, fixing scroll directions, and re-adding gestures via BetterTouchTool.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Well, it's done. Just spent about 45 minutes tweaking everything, fixing scroll directions, and re-adding gestures via BetterTouchTool.
Yeah, the first thing I do is fix scrolling when I set up a new machine, and add back the constant scroll bars. Or, if it's someone I don't like, I leave it as is. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts