Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damnit :lol:

Well, I woke up with a sore throat two days ago, and have had sinus issues ever since. Thankfully, I already took MTW off work, so I don't have to deal with that. I suppose it was good timing, but still, pretty much sucks to be miserable on my vacation :noway:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I'm just recovering from the same shit - currently in the runny nose/draining sinus stage. Sucks big time.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Hey, me too! I started feeling it last Monday. The worst of it was around Christmas day. I'm feeling a bit better now, in part because I slept through most of yesterday.

Feel better soon!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris, that would clear my stomach contents in about 2 seconds flat. I may give it a shot :lol:

Mesh, John, I tried sleeping last night, but my sinus kept waking me up. I think that's to blame for feeling like I just ran a marathon. My gf made me breakfast and lunch, and bought me some meds :wub:, so hopefully I'll be forging again soon :metal:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I've been drinking Nyquil like it was Smirnoff. :yesway:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Vodka.

Disinfects the throat, and makes you strong like bull. At least that's what my Russian co-worker tells me :p

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd have gotten some of that, if I could have cleared my sinus for more than 10 seconds to get that stuff up there :lol:. I have pretty chronic nasal problems, and didn't really get a handle on it until I started using Flonase a few years ago.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
I'd have gotten some of that, if I could have cleared my sinus for more than 10 seconds to get that stuff up there :lol:. I have pretty chronic nasal problems, and didn't really get a handle on it until I started using Flonase a few years ago.
Flonase is the shit. Especially now that there's a generic version which doesn't cost a small fortune every month.

·
Lefties are sinister
207 Posts
I feel for you. Xmas I take the family to the chinese place we always go to, come home and get violently ill for 16 hrs with food poisoning.
I would recommend NOT using Afrin though. It works fantastically, but once you use it, you have to keep using it to keep the membrane from swelling back up as your body stops doing it naturally. I was an Afrin junkie the 1st few winters after I moved from the gulf coast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts