Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
I've played the first 4 and love them, "Origins" was alright but I haven't gotten all the way through it, and I haven't played "Homecoming" or "Shattered Memories" yet (though Silent Hill was one of the first things I thought of when I first saw the Wii, so "Shattered Memories" is something I really want to try).

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I've played 1,2 all the way through (on 2, even all different endings) - 3,4,Homecoming i jsut started, but lost interest too soon. I did not play Origins, altough i have it at home and my girlfriend played through it.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
How much gameplay is in a typical Silent Hill game? I got about 6 hours out of Homecoming... I haven't really played the others since the first one (which I never finished). It was fun....but I refuse to drop $60 on a game only to beat it in a couple days of playing.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
How much gameplay is in a typical Silent Hill game? I got about 6 hours out of Homecoming... I haven't really played the others since the first one (which I never finished). It was fun....but I refuse to drop $60 on a game only to beat it in a couple days of playing.
I'd normally agree with you but both Uncharted games were totally worth it.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Silent Hill 2 was the BEST in the series. The 1st one was great as well. 3 and 4 were kinda 'meh' and then Origins was a downer for me.

Then Shattered Memories came out. What a breath of fresh air. It was a different formula that was executed well.

This one seems to follow the old kind of story of someone being trapped in the city, but is this a shooter like it was rumored to be or is it like it's earlier games?

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
I loved 1 and 2. Masterpieces. 3 I thought was a bit of a "we made this game because people didn't get the ending of the first game". The Room was terrible. I hated it. Homecoming was a step back in the right direction. Haven't played Shattered Memories but I'm looking forward to conquering that one.

This one looks impressive but I'll reserve my judgment for later. Can't trust developers these days. :squint:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I just played through and beat part 1 again today. I can't remember how many years it's been. Stupid tentacles in the fridge! I forgot about it and it instakilled me for the first time AGAIN... murmurmurmur

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I just played through and beat part 1 again today. I can't remember how many years it's been. Stupid tentacles in the fridge! I forgot about it and it instakilled me for the first time AGAIN... murmurmurmur
:lol: :lol::

I wanted to re-play part 1 a few months ago also - found out that the disc is totally scratched, and the game hangs itself every 30 seconds for at least 1 minute. :( :(

Wanted to buy it again..found 1 (!) pc on Amazon marketplace, EUR 256,- lol.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
In the middle of part 2 now. Haven't played this game in at least 8 years? Man I've always said this was the best one and was again impressed just like I was the first time.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Need to replay that one as well. I can remember how impressed i was, when i first played it - there was something very special to it, the atmosphere, the story, this was just so much more "extreme" than any previous game...and we could talk about different theoriees about it like forever! ("what do the eggs mean?" blablabla :lol: )

EDIT: oh, and NSFW:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
The last several Silent Hill games weren't designed in Japan which is why they don't hit anywhere as near as good as the first two.

Then again, designers in the US don't have as big as an imagination as this:

I NEED CAN OPENER TO OPEN CAN OF LIGHTBULBS!1

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Done with pt2 (was shorter than I remember), no onto part 3! And I liked Shattered Memories. Was a breath of fresh air for the series although it's irritating you can't kill the monsters >_<

·
n00b!
12 Posts
I hope this is an early beta/alpha version of the graphics, they look PS2-generation, and the volumetric lighting doesn't look right to me...

I loved Shattered Memories. It was so atmospheric and creepy, even in the scenes outdoors in broad daylight! The puzzles were incredible. The flashlight mechanic is awesome, and the music, and the static that comes from the wiimote when you get close to certain spots... I love it! The chase scenes were frustrating at times, though. It's hard to tell where you need to go, and if you stop long enough to pull up your map, you're dead.

I was blown away by how awesome 1 is! I played it for the first time ever just a few months ago. With the graphics being as ancient as they are, I was still creeped the hell out the whole time. After I beat it (just the "bad" ending, I need to replay and get the others), I instantly went to Game Stop and found a used copy of Silent Hill 2. Haven't played it yet...

For those with PS3, you can download 1 from the PSN store.

:D

·
&#633;&#477;q&#623;&#477;&#623; &#633;&#592;ln&#38
5,486 Posts
Prolly the most impressive part to me of part 1 was in the amusement park. It's all dark and you're walking next to an empty carnival ride that's moving. Nothing but darkness otherwise. I dunno, just gave me a creepy feeling of what it'd be like to physically be in Silent Hill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.