Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one for Zebra II and i'm really not informed on the best models and brands for this. Its a departure for me.
Basically i have a slightly hot rodded paf nordstrand in the bridge, and i'm wanting something vintagy to vintage modern. I'm going to be using this for cleans and post rocky type stuff. Something fat and wide, kinda chimey like a good strat or tele. Something with character. Purty.

Also, a chrome cover would be awesome. Do they sell these that fit on any single?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I need one for Zebra II and i'm really not informed on the best models and brands for this. Its a departure for me.
Basically i have a slightly hot rodded paf nordstrand in the bridge, and i'm wanting something vintagy to vintage modern. I'm going to be using this for cleans and post rocky type stuff. Something fat and wide, kinda chimey like a good strat or tele. Something with character. Purty.
I would look at Rio Grande they have one that is supposed to fairly vintage (tallboy) and they have one that is hot rodded (Muy Grande)

Also try the Seymour single or give Wolfe a call :2cents:

Also, a chrome cover would be awesome. Do they sell these that fit on any single?
Nope which absolutely sucks because half the appeal of a tele is the sweet ass neck single with the open coil bridge.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why not have Nordstrand make you something that matches that description?

Good luck on the chrome cover. Not likely to happen, unless you want to spend a lot of dough on one-off fabrication.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why not have Nordstrand make you something that matches that description?

Good luck on the chrome cover. Not likely to happen, unless you want to spend a lot of dough on one-off fabrication.
Well, honstly the nvs or nvt model they have sound great. But i just cant find anywhere that sells them separatly. Its all sets.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
If you don't mind lower output you could use a Tele neck pickup which are chrome covered or get a lipstick tube pickup like this.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I just need to find a nordstrand dealer that will get me just the neck.
I know brian is a dealer, but he hasnt been on here since the beginning of march.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts

Have you tried just going direct to the source? I'm pretty sure they'll sell to the public.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Have you tried just going direct to the source? I'm pretty sure they'll sell to the public.
I have not. I'l go shoot them an email. I just figured dealing direct might be quite expensive compared to a dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts