Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Single Rec. Rectoverb series I

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  bigdave 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess calling it a rectoverb is redundant since the reverb is disconnected (easy enough to reconnect I'm sure, just not my area of savviness). I'm not going to make any claims that it's functioning, as I do not know for certain. It was disconnected when I got it.

It's got a few scuffs and scrapes, namely in the handle, but functions excellently. I just retubed it with a pair of ehx 6l6's, a tung sol in v1, jj in v2 and shuguang for the rest.

As far as I know the parallel to serial loop mod has been completed as well.

Looking for $475 usd, shipped from Canada to North America.

#8 ·
Guys, I know what I need to net for this - $375 usd shipped will take it.

I've outlined the couple of issues, and aside from the reverb the amp is perfectly functional, it's just taking up space.

#9 ·
Hmmmm, I have absolutely no use for that amp, but at that price....very tempting.:facemelt:

#10 ·
It sounds great it's just my 5150 takes precedence and works a bit better for what I do.

I inspected the reverb last night, the tank is there, it's hooked up, but there appears to be one loose black wire coming to or from the tank that I'd rather not deal with. I taped it, tucked it into the head and that can be someone elses issue.

#11 ·
Well the main thing for me is that it has a good functioning FX loop. Is the loop noisy at all? If the FX loop doesn't work well I have no use at all for it.

#12 · (Edited)
One of the things that actually annoys the ever holy fuck out of me is that since the output knob on the front double as an effects loop send control, at low volumes I DO find the effects loop seemingly weak.

Once I turn the output up to a useful volume the effects loop seems to function as any other effects loop I've used. Do I hear any additional noise from the use of the loop? Nope.

Is that to say you might not? No - It's why you're you and I'm me. I don't want to definitively say that it's totally kick-ass because we could perceive things differently. For me, yeah, it works great. But these aren't really my areas of savvy-ness as my experience in using effects loops in general is pretty limited.

#14 ·
Ah well, good luck with the sale. Someone should pick this up fast at that price.:yesway:

#17 ·
Nice! :metal:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.