Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried something today... And it is pretty damn glorious.

My setup has been Roadster/GMaj2. Today I brought home an old friend from my drummer's place, just for shits and giggles. It's been sitting there collecting dust since I got the Roadster. In my hangover, while helping Drew pack his gear up from last night's jamming, I had an idea...

Didn't expect it to work out, purely out of boredom...

So.. Yeah. In the loop, using only the effects (no preamp/distortion/etc), with the 808 in front of it all?

It's my old effects and patches, with all the tube goodness of the Roadster. It doesn't color the tone at all, no volume differences, perfectly clean everywhere, and it SLAYS. Going to fuck around for a day or two, and then I think the GMaj2 might be up for sale.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I knew you'd come around to the Tubescreamer thing.

That's awesome though... glad the old friend has a home in the new rig!

Now you need a ridiculous MIDI setup to change patches :agreed:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew you'd come around to the Tubescreamer thing.

That's awesome though... glad the old friend has a home in the new rig!

Now you need a ridiculous MIDI setup to change patches :agreed:
Actually, the Tubescreamer I bought yesterday at GC for $110. When I mentioned it to Drew, he brought up the point that it might actually be the same one that I bought for $189 a few months ago and returned, and I think he might be right. :lol:

It's not that I came around to it really, it's just that for $110, fuck it, why not.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you'll be getting a new rack case or taking that tuner out of there.
Nah, if I decide on keeping the 2101 instead of the GM2, I'll just punt on the blinky thing (well, I'll keep it, but use it somewhere else, it's too awesome not to.. :lol:).

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put it on the front of your pedal board. :yesway:
Yanno, I don't have a proper pedal board, and I do have 3 pedals now (granted that the Recto "pedal" is freaking huge, but my Wah and the 808 need a home). That's not a bad idea at all!

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, building that thing into the front edge of a pedalboard would be pretty awesome :lol:

I mean, in a gigging situation, it'd be firing into the monitors and no one would see it, but I'm not sure that's something you need to worry about :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, building that thing into the front edge of a pedalboard would be pretty awesome :lol:

I mean, in a gigging situation, it'd be firing into the monitors and no one would see it, but I'm not sure that's something you need to worry about :lol:
Nah, I'd put it on the front edge, because I want to see the blinky goodness. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How deep is it? You could put it at the top, above your pedals, and pointed up at you. In a dark enough room, you'd look like a rock star :yesway:
I don't have a floorboard yet, so it's as deep as I want it to be. :lol: A ridiculous one with diamond plate and the BLOD built in would make a beast of a winter project. Plus, I'd like to put a soak on there as well, just because.

That aside, all is right with the world.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Chris clearly needs this pedalboard, with 3u firing straight up into your EYES:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, yes I do. Is that a custom job, or can I actually buy that?

Edit: Think how awesome THREE BLOD's would be!! :greatkat:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yes, yes I do. Is that a custom job, or can I actually buy that?

Edit: Think how awesome THREE BLOD's would be!! :greatkat:
It's an SKB PS-100.

This guy showed up at the Talkbass gathering with that monstrosity, which includes a kitchen sink, 500W bass amp, looper, harmonizer, pitch shifter, three different flavors of fuzz and distortion, and MIDI control system that could probably coordinate a mission to Mars.

SKB PS-100 Guitar Effects Pedal Board With Rack

^ He's smoking something though. Those are rare, but that is a LOT of money for that unit.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I could build something cooler myself for half the price. Still pretty nifty though.

My plan right now is to give the 2101 a while, see how well I can dial it in with the Roadster, and if I don't end up satisfied, I'm just going to get an Axe-Fx. The 2101's sounding great, but the initial pain in the ass is that I have to edit every single preset and disable the drive, zero the EQ, etc, etc, since it doesn't have a single utility to globally disable the preamp section.

If I snag an ultra, I already have a pair of 4x12s. A pretty cool setup would be to have it switchable, so with a click of a button I get AFX effects w/Roadster Tone, and click it again to use the AFX models and use the Roadster as a power amp.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Is there no way to dump the presets to your Mac, edit them there, then load'em back up?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts