Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF! :scream: :flex:

Chris Caffery had announced there would be a new singer and friend singing in Trans-Siberian Orchestra this year...

But I NEVER thought it would be... Sir Russell Allen!

Tomorrow will be day 10 in a row for me before my day off Sunday...sometime during the day I will be letting you all know about a vocalist who is joining us on the east coast tour...he has been a good friend of mine for a long time and he is absolutely one of my favorite vocalist ever. And no...he's never been in a band with me before...I have a feeling many of you will be so excited when you find out. For those of you who have never heard him...just wait...frickin awesome!
I was waiting until Russell Posted...I am really excited that he will be with us on the TSO East tour this year! He has been a good friend for a long time. You guys will be lucky to see and hear one of the most amazing voices on the planet every night this upcoming tour!
This is so amazing! I was not even going to go see TSO this year but they announced this and won a ticket! Haha! It is going to be incredible seeing Russell in a Colisseum! :scream: He can do all of this stuff TSO does!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I might have to get tickets this year :lol:

I went every year for about four years, but the schtick and same old first half got pretty old.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
My girlfriend's parents got us all tickets for the Garden show, I didn't even know Russell was singing for them until after we got the tickets!

Fuckin' lasers, shred and Russell Allen!

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Slightly off topic, the general lack of decent live Symphony X footage is disturbing.
:agreed:

Absolutely.

Plus they have two songs from the Gigantour DVD.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
People have been begging for an official SymX concert video for years, and Michael Romeo has always said they'd only do it for a "special occasion" or some such. Seems like a bunch of missed opportunities, to me.

SymX seems to be semi-dormant now, anyway. They're still touring occasionally, but I don't see how they can keep going five years between albums and remain a viable band. They get some momentum going and then lose it.

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I've been saying for years that Russell could be making SO MUCH more money if he were to join a more "accessible" band. Looks like he's doing just that, and good on him.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
People have been begging for an official SymX concert video for years, and Michael Romeo has always said they'd only do it for a "special occasion" or some such. Seems like a bunch of missed opportunities, to me.

SymX seems to be semi-dormant now, anyway. They're still touring occasionally, but I don't see how they can keep going five years between albums and remain a viable band. They get some momentum going and then lose it.
Yeah... I do not understand what the strategy for Symphony X is...

They need to keep their momentum, because there is no reason that they should not be as big or bigger than Dream Theater. As far as the DVD... I believe they want to have an Orchestra with them. I believe that is what the "Special Occasion" is. I mean they could have made a quality set-list and DVD at ProgPower last year. They opened with Divine Wings of Tragedy and closed with The Odyssey.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated with a video guys!

Bump! Russell kills it!

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I still passed on it. I can't stand the Verizon Center (which is where they're playing here) for concerts because, well, it's the second-worst sound arena I've ever been in.

I'm spoiled, I guess, seeing them at places like the Beacon Theater in NY and Constitution Hall here, where the sound is good and the place isn't huge. The show just doesn't work to me in arenas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts