Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, yes... I am aware of what cheap shit AXE is. I don't regularly consume their products, but this stupid commercial enticed me to buy the Twist scent bodywash as a joke. :roll2:

After washing with the stuff for a couple of days, my shins and feet are all itchy and it's driving me nuts. Anybody else have such an experience?

The thing that confuses me is I usually use Old Spice bodywash, which is similarly cheap crap, but I don't have this problem. Maybe it's the scents and dyes they use, not the detergent compounds?

EDIT: Also appreciate advice on relieving this irritation, other than discontinuing use, which has ceased as of this morning.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
That sucks balls dude.

I use Old Spice bodywashes with no problems. Why do you call it cheap crap though? :lol: Are there super awesome designer bodywashes out there? :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Old Spice bodywashes with no problems. Why do you call it cheap crap though? :lol: Are there super awesome designer bodywashes out there? :lol:
Well I dunno, all of the modern scented, dyed, sodium laureth sulfate-laden washes and shampoos should probably qualify as cheap crap. If I were a rich man I suppose I'd be looking for organic soap stuff. But I'm not, so I don't. I don't mind washing with cheap crap if it doesn't irritate my skin :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Well I dunno, all of the modern scented, dyed, sodium laureth sulfate-laden washes and shampoos should probably qualify as cheap crap. If I were a rich man I suppose I'd be looking for organic soap stuff. But I'm not, so I don't. I don't mind washing with cheap crap if it doesn't irritate my skin :lol:
Kind of sad that we're willing to pay more for fewer ingredients these days, isn't it? :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I fear this is your body's way of punishing you for being a douchebag. :fawk:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Yeah....I don't know a damn think about bodywash :lol: I just know that when I stopped using bar soap my skin started to look and feel a bit better and I got pimples much less often.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I use Nivea Men body wash.

To help with the itching, take a benadryl, and put some cortisone cream on the reaction.
Product Features
Refreshes skin without drying out
Soothing care for men's dry sensitive skin
Made with soothing bamboo milk
Target customer 25-49
I can't use it, I'm not in the target customer range.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use Nivea Men body wash.

To help with the itching, take a benadryl, and put some cortisone cream on the reaction.
Thanks! I can't afford to fall asleep so I just used the cortisone after some moisturizer stuff.

Drew... :squint:

Leon... :squint:

My fiancee was like "If a robot follows you around and tears your clothes off, it'll be totally hot." So I bought a bottle to make her laugh.

Who's laughing now? I've got my AXE...

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
I'm with Leon. Dump that shit and move on. Sometimes your body just simply doesn't like some products. It happens.

Many years ago I got a nasty rash in my pits when Mom changed laundry soaps. Since I worked outdoors in construction and moved around a lot there was just no getting around it. Time to switch back Mom. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts