Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Read the books if you've got a chance. Solid reading, although a bit misanthropic :lol:

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
I dread the remake like nothing else...

Jason Momoa has all the acting talent and charisma of a brick, a particularly dull and talentless brick at that. He's big, but he's got no screen presence at all. Worst thing about Stargate Atlantis, really. To see him as Conan, well... it's gonna suck, big time.

Schwarzenneger, well, he's never been an amazing actor, but he's got screen presence in buckets. When he tells us what is best in life, he fucking tells us what is best in life!

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Hey, it's going to have Ron Perlman in it, though. It would be so funny if he just did his role as Ron Perlman as Hellboy as Corin. Nice.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dread the remake like nothing else...

Jason Momoa has all the acting talent and charisma of a brick, a particularly dull and talentless brick at that. He's big, but he's got no screen presence at all. Worst thing about Stargate Atlantis, really. To see him as Conan, well... it's gonna suck, big time.

Schwarzenneger, well, he's never been an amazing actor, but he's got screen presence in buckets. When he tells us what is best in life, he fucking tells us what is best in life!
This.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
As long as the soundtrack is as epic as Basil Poleduris' one on the original, I will get some use out of the remake.

However, it is unlikely that I will ever watch it in theaters.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
This douchebag is gonna be Conan?

Just look at him. Dreads, goatee, buncha beeds and shit around his neck.. Douchebag. :noplease:

You know, it annoys the living shit out of me that Hollywood thinks they can just go and reboot the greatest guy movie of all time. It is like Dungeons and Dragons with beer and testosterone added. Some big dude runs around with a sword, hacking people apart, banging mad bitches, getting loaded, and fucking with the evil cult leader. Watching that movie makes your penis bigger, hair grow on your chest, and your alcoholic tolerance expand. Some Republicans think it cures homosexuality. A bunch of us snuck into it as kids, and for the whole summer, we rand around using branches as swords, fucking each other up. It solidified Arnold's role as the man. Not even the Terminator could have taken Conan. Rambo was a little bitch next to Conan.

Fucking Conan. You don't screw with that, that shit is fucking sacred.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Jason Momoa has all the acting talent and charisma of a brick, a particularly dull and talentless brick at that. He's big, but he's got no screen presence at all.

Arnold makes that dude look like a toothpick. He's not big, he's just another douchebag with some Hollywood abs.

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Doesn't matter how he looks, the guy cannot act. No charisma, no presence, no personality.

You know what else makes me think... sorry, makes me KNOW this movie is gonna utterly blow? The director is the same music video twat who directed that piece of shit Friday the 13th remake.

And no, the music will never equal Basil Poledouris's phenomenal score for the original. Impossible!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts