Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Downloaded it tonight. Love it. :agreed:

I don't miss my Blackberry's keyboard anymore, this thing actually keeps up with me.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
You've not tried out Swype yet?

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my understanding the Swype Beta is closed at this point. So I can't get it on my Droid.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
They just re-opened it... I don't like Swype though, I far prefer SwiftKey, it's pretty great at predicting the next word most times.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I was wrong this app is not free, the demo works for one week then it's $7.99.

I'm reading some things online that say it may be more accurate than Swype, and I'm hearing when the Swype beta turns off, it's off your phone too. That kinda sucks if true. I'd rather just pay the $8 and have this thing stay active permanently.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a problem with the price, considering the stock Droid keyboards are simply not fast enough to keep up with my typing, and I sometimes feel like throwing the phone across the room when it messes up a complete sentence on me.

$8 for 1 less thing to frustrate me? Hells yeah :agreed:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I love Swiftkey too.. definitely improved my texting/emailing experience on my DroidX. Much better for me than Swype - I could never get the words to come out correctly.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I love Swiftkey too.. definitely improved my texting/emailing experience on my DroidX. Much better for me than Swype - I could never get the words to come out correctly.
Swype is annoying when a word has 2 of the same letters back to back, like 'annoying'... You've got to swirl around the N for it to realize you're typing annoying, it's rather fucking annoying.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Swype is annoying when a word has 2 of the same letters back to back, like 'annoying'... You've got to swirl around the N for it to realize you're typing annoying, it's rather fucking annoying.
No you don't :lol:

just move your finger like this a-n-o-y-i-n-g and with SlideIT it automatically puts in "Annoying".

Easy cheesy my friend, I just did it.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
No you don't :lol:

just move your finger like this a-n-o-y-i-n-g and with SlideIT it automatically puts in "Annoying".

Easy cheesy my friend, I just did it.
There are so many words I've had to do that on Swype, annoying might not be the best example, but it happened to me all the time, even when I used Swype on my Droid X 2 weeks ago. I haven't tried SlideIt yet, so I can't really speak on its behalf.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Ass would usually be spelled as unless I swirled around the s twice. I will try slide it though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I'm back on Swype again, and while it's a little better than better keyboard and significantly better than the stock keyboard, Im still faster on ios. Slide it isn't worth 7 bucks to me if the iphone comes out on verizon next year. Does Swype learn your typing after awhile? it didn't seem to before, but perhaps this beta version will.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I'm back on Swype again, and while it's a little better than better keyboard and significantly better than the stock keyboard, Im still faster on ios. Slide it isn't worth 7 bucks to me if the iphone comes out on verizon next year. Does Swype learn your typing after awhile? it didn't seem to before, but perhaps this beta version will.
SwiftKey learn your phrases.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts