Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm not a low gain rock tone kind of guy, but that tone he dials in at the end is straight up perfect. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just needs the open grill like the 100, and come standard in the snake skin tolex.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
How's it different from the HR25 beyond the name?

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
I'm not a low gain rock tone kind of guy, but that tone he dials in at the end is straight up perfect. :yesway:
While you're absolutely right, I also find it prudent to acknowledge the high-gain tone just before it. For being a 609 draped over the cab, that tone is record-ready.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
The longer video linked says $2400 for base "finish" and about $2600 for other finishes

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Yeah, the MSRP for the SLO100 is $5000, and this 30-watt version costs almost as much as three NEW 50-watt 5150s or five used 100-watt 5150s.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The preamp is the new SLO preamp (including depth and useable effects loop), not the Hotrod preamp.
Thanks! The HR25 does have the (or at least "a") usable FX loop (they changed it for the HR25 specifically, supposedly) so it's basically just missing the depth mod.

·
Registered
927 Posts
To all those saying something like "greatest amp ever"....where are yours? Post some clips.

More than likely, nobody here currently owns an SLO and wont buy one anytime soon. Why? They are simply not worth the money. You can get "close" with something like a peavey 5150 or evh line of 5153 amps and at a fraction of the cost. The SLO30 sounds totally interesting but at $2500? LOL fuck that. Mike Soldano was totally innovative with his work on cascading gain stages and what not but other people do it now too and at a fraction of the cost. Then you factor in the modelers like your axe fx, kemper, and helix. Some people already think its archaic to buy any stand alone amp (note me though) at all much less, a slo 100 that costs 5k, when you can buy a modeler and have a proper sounding profile.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts