Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why, but I really like the contrast of sludgey/grungey music with smooth pretty female vocals on top.

(this one isn't quite as grungey, but her voice is incredible, wish I could find a live video of this song, serious goosebumps moment, and I'd love to do a heavier cover of it some day if I could find someone with the right voice...actually, Flyleaf covering this would be pretty amazing)

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Cool :yesway: Some friends of mine are going to see them in Thunder Bay tonight, which is what got me started on this :lol:

Incidentally, watching that Die Mannequin video in 720p does nothing good for her teeth :lol: I remember hearing them for the first time, walking in halfway through their set at Canadian Music Week back in 2006 and thinking "Wow, it's like what Courtney Love wishes she could be" :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
The only one of these I like is the Holly McNarland one. It's honest, no annoying emo-twinge in her voice. The Jucifer one wasn't terrible either.

The chick from Die Mannequin wishes she was Siouxsie Sioux.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
A lot of those are a little too pop-punky for my tastes, but there is something pleasant about a nice female voice used over crunchy guitars in a non-Lacuna-Coil, non-Evanescence kind of way.

The rest of these probably deviate a bit from what you're talking about, but they're neat, anyway.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot Auf Der Maur :yesway:

And while the rest of those are definitely a bit different from what I was thinking in my original post, they don't suck :yesway:

That Bjork/Skunk Anansie video reminded me of this:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts