Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to pick a small bass combo and these two seem the most promising. The demos sound great, but there aren't a huge amount of reviews for either. Has anyone had a chance to play one? What did you think?

Eden EC10
Eden EC10 Bass Combo Amplifier
Warwick BC80
en/Warwick---Products--Amplification--Warwick-WA-Line--BC-Serie-Combos--BC-80--Pictures.html

I'm pretty sure I've been through every amp in my price range, but feel free to suggest anything else. I'm looking for something clean and punchy with a nice big bottom :quagmire:. Budget is around £200, I'd rather avoid buying used for this.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
I haven't played either but it's REALLY hard to beat what's going on with the TC Electronic BH series for cheap combos. You'll get a lot more out of it than practically anything else.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

The GK MB112 is tough to beat as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't played either but it's REALLY hard to beat what's going on with the TC Electronic BH series for cheap combos. You'll get a lot more out of it than practically anything else.
Yeah I forgot about those! The 2x8 combo is the only one I could afford right now. I'm not too sure about 8 inch speakers for bass but I think it has a speaker out so I could get a bigger cab later...:idea:

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
Yeah I forgot about those! The 2x8 combo is the only one I could afford right now. I'm not too sure about 8 inch speakers for bass but I think it has a speaker out so I could get a bigger cab later...:idea:
I would save up since I remember reading that the 2x8 has a rolled off high end for using it with an upright. If I was you I would get the head or save up for one of the higher combos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts