Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the smallest modeller which has MIDI in (for automation) and 2 XLR outs (1 for IEM and 1 for FOH)?
Most small (like Boss GT-001) doesn't have MIDI. And they seldom have XLR outs either.

Trying to figure out a workable "fly rig" thats way smaller and portable than our main rack rig

Using Bias Amp in Cubase with all songs automated could defintely work too if we could find a interface with low enough latency, and thereby not having to have any physical amps at all

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yeah it probably does. :lol:

I just having trouble finding a suitable interface with low latency that is NOT the RME stuff that costs a fortune.

But the Steinberger UR824 has been recommended by some guy on the internet (!) so I might check it out.
I'd go Thunderbolt if possible, if absolute lowest latency is what you're looking for. You'll never get as low out of a USB interface (outside of an RME, possibly).

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Does it have to be XLR out? Pretty sure you could run a fractal AX8 the way you describe. Fits in a PT-1 case or suitcase.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I'd love to recommend an iPad and the Focusrite dock for it, but the outs are 1/4". Otherwise I've actually used it in a band rehearsal and it sounded awesome direct into the PA.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it have to be XLR out? Pretty sure you could run a fractal AX8 the way you describe. Fits in a PT-1 case or suitcase.
Thats prefered in live situations, I guess

I'd love to recommend an iPad and the Focusrite dock for it, but the outs are 1/4". Otherwise I've actually used it in a band rehearsal and it sounded awesome direct into the PA.
I dont have an ipad :p or even smartphone. I'm still using an old button phone. :flex:

But it seems like a "tinkery" solution. Often when playing festivals you have a very limited changeover time so the less clutter to connect, the better.

It also needs MIDI as stated in OP, which I couldn't find on pictures of it

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While the other guy in the band has a Ax8 that would be ideal BUT on the other hand they are ridicolously fucking expensive even used. I can't afford it.

I'm trying to justify buying an RME interface for live use, because the latency on my current Tascam aint cutting it (nor does it have enough outputs for live use either)

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never heard of. Sure, looks cool, sounds decent from clips I've heard after looking a little about it. But yeah, the price was a bit steep.

For me, when choosing a product, the price doesn't just reflect the quality, but the ability to talk with other users if needed.

For example I got two different video editing software recently:
The first one's forum was pretty dead...
The second one however was alive with lots of posts everyday, making higher chance for help if I need to.

And then there's official customer service etc of course too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts