Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I literally just found this and was about to post it.

Looks pretty cool but would love it way more if it had a reverse headstock.

EDIT: It blows my mind how these plug-ins just keep sounding better and better.

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the fact that it's a Soloist with the bottom-adjust truss rod.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I really do like this. Glad it isn't a Kelly. Don't get me wrong, I like the Kelly shape but I prefer this more.

Wondering if it will be at two price levels or just really expensive. Hopefully if they do the more expensive now, they can wait for a year or so for the cheaper model (then I can maybe get one).

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really do like this. Glad it isn't a Kelly. Don't get me wrong, I like the Kelly shape but I prefer this more.

Wondering if it will be at two price levels or just really expensive. Hopefully if they do the more expensive now, they can wait for a year or so for the cheaper model (then I can maybe get one).
They did the Kellys at the same time, and same with the last Davidson. They finally figured out they're not selling to the same audience.

(I'm not even crazy enough to buy a $5K USA Soloist.)

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
Seven-string Kellys balance very poorly, so that might have been a factor.

They did the Kellys at the same time, and same with the last Davidson. They finally figured out they're not selling to the same audience.

(I'm not even crazy enough to buy a $5K USA Soloist.)
If the import has plastic sharkies, that's a total buzzkill. The problem for me is that, even if I had $5k to spend on a Jackson, it'd be one optioned out to what I want, not what Jeff Loomis wants. This isn't too far from that, I guess, but I'd want pickup rings, thicker neck, passive pickups, poplar wings, solid finish, etc. etc.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
That does look pretty nice and it should have a reverse headstock, my DK7M looks great with it.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
They need to find a way to make the headstock look less ridiculous. Love the easy access truss rod, best thing ever.

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
They need to find a way to make the headstock look less ridiculous. Love the easy access truss rod, best thing ever.
Is that the standard 7 string pointy headstock? It looks bigger than usual there. Definitely needs a reverse headstock, or the 4+3.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Is that the standard 7 string pointy headstock? It looks bigger than usual there. Definitely needs a reverse headstock, or the 4+3.
I was thinking the same thing. Those inline 7 (and 8) string headstocks rarely look cool, IMO. It's like the skinny kid with the giant head. :lol:

And, wow, nothing like watching Jeff play to make a guy second guess ever buying guitars in the first place. :lol: Crazy how effortless he makes it look.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,247 Posts
It's the standard sized headstock, we just know the reverse one looks much better...
That, and you can barely see the normally huge Jackson logo, so it looks bigger than it actually is.

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's the standard sized headstock, we just know the reverse one looks much better...
That, and you can barely see the normally huge Jackson logo, so it looks bigger than it actually is.
It's the same size as the one on the SLAT3-7. It's huge. That said, for the normal direction they have a point in that the B string would be at like a 35 degree angle if the spacing was like the 6 string headstock. Still, large.

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And, wow, nothing like watching Jeff play to make a guy second guess ever buying guitars in the first place. :lol: Crazy how effortless he makes it look.
You know what I love?

No bitchpicking. He's hittin' it.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
You know what I love?

No bitchpicking. He's hittin' it.
Yeah, the only thing worst than BPs are limp-wristed drummers.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Someone needs to punch the "cameraman" in the balls for the video in the OP, btw. What the fuck.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
If it's similar priced as the pro series Loomis Kelly, I want one. I'd never pay $5k for a guitar, but $1300ish for something like that would work.

I like the 7 in a line headstocks, more so on Ibanez, but it looks mean on the Jackson. Love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts