Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was awesome deal as for the price. I a, really an Ibanez fan, but I know that I'll need this two for some works in my future, I still think that strat is ballsless guitar, but now I have one. LP is fucking great!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Very cool, congrats :yesway:

I confess I'm let down though, as I thought one of them might be that crazy jazz box you have in the works.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I still think that strat is ballsless guitar, but now I have one.
Oh yeah? Well I think YOU're a ballsless guitar. :squint:

Congrats! Both of those are pretty sweet, and cover a lot of range between the two!

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Congrats! Both of those are pretty sweet, and cover a lot of range between the two!
Dude, It's kinda joke, but I really don't like sound of any strat. I dunno why, not my thing, but I need those thing for work

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
I approve of both. :yesway:

I agree with you on Strats being ballsless too. :lol: They are comfy as hell, especially compared to a Paul, but they just always sound thin. You can throw some buckers in one but then it's not really a Strat is it. They have their place but for those of us that indulge in shred they do seem to be left wanting.

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Strats really aren't ballsless (my new favorite word, btw). They give a real sense of articulation and can hold their own just fine, even in high gain settings.

People get so used to being punched in the face with humbuckers that they just can't appreciate a good slap across the check.

Anyway, congrats. :yesway:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Says the guy with a humbucker in the bridge of his Strat. :D

I'm right there with you Vova... While I love the look of a Strat, I can't stand the Strat sound (beside Gilmour's "Confortably numb").

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I like true strats for what they can do - it's not something I'd use often, but I like it. That said, if you put a bucker in a strat bridge it still has some strat tone to it IMO.

Regardless, you just need a telecaster and an SG :)

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Dude, It's kinda joke
Ok, I know, I was joking right back. :D

I actually prefer the sound of a humbucker for cleans, generally, unless I'm doing the Jimi 2nd position chordal thing. That said, a neck singlecoil just OWNS for leads. So gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

1 - 17 of 17 Posts