Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mainly did this because I wanted some practice on writing. I mainly just played what came out when I played over the progression. I find sometimes with contest like this people tend to over do it, adding sweeps and playing super fast just to show they can. I also mimed the entire thing and punched in each note. So it took me like 100 takes to get right.

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah. What gives? You're making it sound like you were wrongly accused of miming that Petrucci solo, but you actually did mime it. And it looks like you did mime this one too (I see vibrato when you can't hear any).
Cass, im making fun of myself. Yes, I mimed the petrucci solo, but I didnt mime this one. I actually missed the first pinch harmonic that I was supposed to do. This is 100% live.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Ignore these dickbags, Lucas. They're a bunch of crabby old dinks. Especially Cassidy, who doesn't even like Maiden.

Good stuff man. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Yeah, Cass, what's up with that?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Hey man, I just watched the video, and I want to offer some constructive criticism. I know you like doing these contests and videos, and more power to you. It takes a lot of time, patience, and balls to do it. But from your playing standpoint:

-The first run would sound better alt picked to give it staccato tecture building in to the main choice of notes. It seems a little sloppy here and that's the last thing you want on your opening line.
-Some notes, bends, and vibrato sound out of key/pitch/tune. I would drastically reduce the areas you are doing this to minimize the overall feel of your guitar being out of tune. So maybe just select a few areas of vibrato/etc.

But like I said in the beginning, props to you for even doing it, you'll most likely never see one of these from me because mainly my video camera still takes VHS cassettes and I still record on a Tascam 8-track tape recorder.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts