Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, no funny epicness in this unfortunately.

...and it didn't turn out as cool as the original legendary one that started it all. I just needed a larger pedalboard and though it'd be cheaper to build it.

Enter fresh wood.

Mask...ahhhhhhhh!!

I was thinking of green, but I saw "hammered texture" spraypaint and the chairs on the label looked cool but.... turned out to look like the glitter color you see on carnival rides...

So I went back out and got GREEN

Fresh box of Velcro and New 1 spot day!!

These bolts were bigger than I expected.

Wish I had a router so it'd sit kinda flush.

Velcro'd! I put the wirey side on the pedalboard and put the cloth side on the bottom of my pedals. If I ever use a pedal away from the board, I won't have to worry about picking thread and garbage off of it before putting it back on here.

nuther velcro shot.

Old homemade pedal. I had an old shelf that I just cut and threw some velcro on, $1 handles from Home Depot, and foil tape on the front! Supa ghetto! I put it here to show I needed more room.

A lot cleaner looking (can't find my other mini patch cable) with the 1 spot connector freely available on the Ashdown Compressor. (embarrassed at cheap nady wireless)

Routing underneath. Might as well use velcro here too. And yeah, cheap sticky rubber feet until I find black screw-in feet.

Oh yeah, here's the link for the original gorm itself.
IKEA | Heavy duty storage systems | GORM system | GORM | Shelf

If you haven't heard of this before, google for "DIY Ikea pedalboard." Best one is on the harmony-central forums I believe.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Came out great. :yesway:

EDIT: Oh, also... if you wanna recess those bolts later on, you could use a spade or forstner bit in your drill and it'll work just as well. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wow, good idea. :yesway:

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I'd been completely unaware of the ikea pedalboard thang... this inspired me to go and throw together:

Now I just need to make some sort of carrying bag for the beast!

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hell yeah! Looks like you got the $5 pieces to :D

Yeah, I scour craigslist hoping the right kind of hard case gets posted.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

astrocreep said:
Thanks for posting this, I'd been completely unaware of the ikea pedalboard thang... this inspired me to go and throw together:

Now I just need to make some sort of carrying bag for the beast!
Awesome dude. Your pedal selection is unusually similar to mine

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Looks good! :yesway:

Why mask the wood though? I'd assume the velcro would stick to the spraypaint all the same.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh, I did that as a "just in case" type deal. I'm sure it would've stuck, but if it some part accidentally peeled back, I figured it would take the paint with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts