Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I rippity rhymes, da rhymes dat I rip
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a short flight today (to Toronto and back roughly 90 minutes total) with a guy and a couple friends to pick up a couple small packages and a few minutes after takeoff the pilot told me to grab hold of the co-pilot controls. He gave me the run down making me pull off a few basic bank maneuvers and such then told me where we needed to go and to keep it at 2,500 ft. I kept going for about a half hour before we needed to land.

I've been around planes my whole life. My parents have worked for Boeing for over two decades and before that Hughes Aircraft. Top Gun was a favorite for as long as I can remember and I might have joined the USAF had I not been told by someone that all pilots needed to be 5'3" or under. Even though this was a small Cessna 182 it was pretty rad to experience and might consider perusing flying.

Anyone else fly?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I've got a "thing" about wanting to learn every basic form of transportation and flying is pretty much the apex. I don't have the balls to take it on at this point, but the thought of piloting one of this little glider plane things seems pretty cool.

Congrats on your flight man. Seriously jealous over here.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
My parent's met at a Boeing plant in SoCal in the mid 70's. Other than that, I only fly them every now and then :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts