Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my wife gets a Discount from Verizon we decided to jump ship from ATT. We hit up the buy a a Fascinate and get any 2nd phone for free deal.. (I got the Incredible)

Now i actually have 3g at my house (moot point tho with wifi)

I gotta say I think buying a new car is easier than getting a new cell phone :lol: seemed like I was in there forever. My old Winmo phone gave them fits (they couldnt put my contacts on my new phone :mad: so i had to do it manually...)

Only downside is where I work 1 only get 1x because Verizon isnt in West Virginia - still makes calls fine and it seems just about everyone has free wifi now so no big deal.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yay! Verizon definitely has a great selection on Android phones. I love the Fascinate but the only thing I dislike is how it uses Bing search instead of Google, and out of the box it uses VZ Navigator instead of Google Maps (both of which can be remedied though). Nice to hear about the additional coverage too, what did you use to have at work with AT&T? Edge?

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay! Verizon definitely has a great selection on Android phones. I love the Fascinate but the only thing I dislike is how it uses Bing search instead of Google, and out of the box it uses VZ Navigator instead of Google Maps (both of which can be remedied though). Nice to hear about the additional coverage too, what did you use to have at work with AT&T? Edge?
I had 3g at work - my old phone didnt have wifi tho (MotoQ) I had edge at my house tho :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok now I am convinced it IS easier ot buy a new car than deal with the Carriers.

I called ATT to cancel my service. THe first customer service rep asked me all my info ad why I wanted to cancel my service and then told me i cant actually do that I will need to transfer ou to another department. After being on hold for like 10 min. I get the second customer service rep - and i had to repeat everything I told the first rep. then they tried

to sell me some 3g enhanced signal dongle for my phones (since i said one of te reasons i was switching was because of limited att 3g area)

asked me if i knew anybody that would want to use m old phone on a new account

finally asked me if i wanted to switch them to a prepaid service for an emergency phone

NO NO NO just cancel the fucking thing already

1 - 5 of 5 Posts