Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the old house connection speed and info.

Versus the new house

Man, fibre to the home is fucking baller. $89 a month for a 100/40 connection with unlimited data. Bear in mind the ping speed is somewhat high as I haven't set the wired connections up yet.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 21ms ping is actually pretty fucking good.

I got 12ms. No big deal:arnie:
I just wired up on of the partners laptops via ethernet.

5ms.

:banderas:

Then I tested it again with my comp which is a little quicker.

3ms

:facemelt2:

Man I need to get back into online gaming

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'm in the same room as my modem on my laptop right now, I have 1/4 of your download speed and a fraction of your upload speed :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in the same room as my modem on my laptop right now, I have 1/4 of your download speed and a fraction of your upload speed :lol:
In Australia that's considered a top range speed. XD

Seriously, the conservative government that came to power scrapped the fiber to the premises network the previous government was building and instead insisted on going with a fiber to the nose connection with a mix of using old HFC and fixed wireless.

I was lucky enough to get one of the houses that had a fiber to the house connection and it is glorious.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
let's be clear: I'm jealous of your connection :lol:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sweet! that's quick.

Here's mine in Barbados, wireless in the bedroom while the modem is in the living room.

GF tested at 150mb/s directly plugged though.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
It's so funny to hear non-networking people try to talk techy. "Yo man, that ping! Sweet ping bro!" :lol:

Ping is the tool. Latency is what you're measuring.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:lol:

Hey I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to networking. Just don't expect anything beyond setting up home servers and small business media devices.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
It's so funny to hear non-networking people try to talk techy. "Yo man, that ping! Sweet ping bro!" :lol:

Ping is the tool. Latency is what you're measuring.
You lie. Thousands of Counterstrike players circa 2001 can't be wrong.

·
Registered
517 Posts
well,actually I don't have many problems playing online :shrug:
except when I found people that play from the Moon...

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't played online in years but one of my partners is a huge League of Legends player and the lag can fuck things up apparently.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I used to get 5 down and 1 up at my parents. I've just moved back to the city centre and now get 105 down and 35 up. It's amazing being able to stream tv shows in HD and not have to wait for it to buffer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts