Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the victim, er, I mean patient. My series 1 Rectoverb 50 combo, picked up for a steal back at the start of the summer:

Removed the chassis and I was surprised how little there is to the circuit of a single Rec:

Drilled a hole in the back for the 3PDT toggle switch, trimmed some wires to make the connections I needed and soldered it all up (not my neatest work, but it'll do for now):

Finally, reassembled everything and labelled things up for reference:

The nice thing is the toggle is small enough that it's hidden well within the combo shell, so it's relatively unlikely to get knocked, but I'll always check whenever I connect to the FX loop anyway. Realistically I'll probably never use anything other than the series loop, but for the minimal extra work it was worth putting the option in there. You could easily do this mod in under an hour, or probably about 15mins if you were just hard wiring as a series loop.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Not bad. How does it impact the sound, switching between the two?

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll let you know after tonight's rehearsal, as I haven't actually had a chance to test it yet.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a wiring diagram, but I went off of this image (the best I could find, but verified it against a lot of other images)

Basically you solder the wires from the board to the middle row of pins, then solder wires from the corresponding pins on one side of the switch to the pins on the pot that those wires originally connected to. Then solder a link wire on the other side of the switch to connect the middle and right hand wires coming out of the board, when viewed in that image. The wire on the left/closest to the edge of the PCB doesn't connect to anything in series mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts