Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sold my E39 BMW 528i Touring, now I need something to replace it. Temporary transport is sorted as my Mum has loaned me her car. She never drives it (11,800 miles in 7 years!) plus Dad usually takes her where ever she wants/needs to go anyway. And if she really needs to drive my Dad has two cars anyway.

Options are a Mondeo ST200:

Rare, fast and fun to drive, though not quite as fast as my old BMW with in gear/motorway acceleration due to having less tourque

Or, another E39 Touring:

I loved the last one, it was just time for a change. Not quite so good on the twisty bits, but still a great handling car for a 1600kg estate. Plus my uncle is starting to murmour about scrapping his 540i Sport, which would allow me to get the M Sport bumpers to make it look like this:

Anyway, I'll not be buying anything until the end of the month. Got some stuff to Ebay and I need payday to come to give me some decent funds. I'll update with what I buy.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

I can't believe you're debating between a Ford and a BMW :lol: btw, I'll post those teeth next week, been busy as shit!

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

I can't believe you're debating between a Ford and a BMW :lol: btw, I'll post those teeth next week, been busy as shit!
It's my car, I can buy what I want :fawk:

And cheers :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, this isn't asking for opinions, I'm simply stating what I'm looking at. Which I buy is going to come down to what car has the best example in my price range, since both are sub-£3000 cars.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't you mean Contour SVT? :lol:
Nope. While the Contour does use some Mondeo parts, they're different cars. The Mondeo I'm looking at is a hatchback with a nicely styled rear, rather than the abomination that is the rear of the Contour saloon :lol: Oh, and the Euro-spec cars have more power too, the US-spec versions lost a few bhp to get through emissions testing. Regardless of what I get though, I've decided I'm getting my next car remapped.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
The Mondeo will be cheaper, less likely to get keyed, will continue running for as long as you have it.

Not too familiar with the engine in that model but if it's anything like most Ford engines just looking at it seriously will yield a few more HP. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Well, I wouldn't buy a BMW, the subframe might wind up in the trunk. :lol:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
get an astra vxr :agreed: although it's not really a practical family car :lol: oh well. The 1.9L turbo diesel 4dr is cool too

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave: I was looking at a 5 series, not a 3 series ;)

Jeff: An Astra VXR would be nice, but it's out of my price range and the road tax on it is twice the road tax for the BMW & Mondeo.

Xan/Blankplank: Looked at the Volvo's, but the one's in my price range are sheds with mileages to suggest the last owner was a James T. Kirk :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, and the hunts over. I bought a Mondeo ST200 with only 82,000 miles on the clock (60k less than my BMW!), plus it's already lowered and remapped. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's the seller's pics:

Proper pics once I've picked it up

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Euro Fords > American Fords

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mostly. The few US Fords that are good (ie fast) tend not to handle so well. Euro Fords handle, they just tend not to be as fast as the US models. Still, I'd probably give up a kidney to own a Boss or Shelby mk1 Mustang, or a GT40.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.