Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've always wanted a PRS but can't afford the more high end models :( but I've had my eye on this model and I think some of you here have this model aswell. I just wanted to see what you all thought of the SE models before I put down the cash on this :metal:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'd go for an SC245 myself, but the SEs are great guitars. Play a bunch and take home the best.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh nice I like that SE SC245 a lot more ill have to see if I can google up the cost of it

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

Yeah, I meant the SE SC245

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Not "more" colours... those are the 2011 colours. The other colours have been discontinued, so if there's an old colour you want, you'd better get on the hunt for a NOS one.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Yeah, I meant the SE SC245
I didn't think you were the caliber of dickbag that wanders into a $600 guitar thread and suggests a discontinued $3000 guitar. :lol: :yesway:

Not "more" colours... those are the 2011 colours. The other colours have been discontinued, so if there's an old colour you want, you'd better get on the hunt for a NOS one.
:spock:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh! I guess I need to hurry and sell some stuff to get the red one thanks for that info

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'm guessing the SE 245 will be in the same price range as the 25th Anniversary Custom 24, so around USD$650.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
They are great guitars. IMO they need a nut and tuners swap right off the bat. You could probably get away with doing just the nut though as the stock one is crap. The pickups are actually pretty darn good. I wouldn't have swapped mine out if I didn't have the Dragon II's out of my USA Cu22 laying around. Here is a pic of mine.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Proud owner of a heavily upgraded SE Cu24 here - buy one used not new, enjoy the hell out of it :yesway:. My guitar tech is a pretty knowledgeable guy and agrees that the only things that need replacing on the SE's is the nut, really.

The only thing stock on mine is the wood, the trem, toggle and knobs :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Proud owner of a heavily upgraded SE Cu24 here - buy one used not new, enjoy the hell out of it :yesway:. My guitar tech is a pretty knowledgeable guy and agrees that the only things that need replacing on the SE's is the nut, really.

The only thing stock on mine is the wood, the trem, toggle and knobs :lol:
What pickups did you put in there?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts