Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from Line6 saying "Reason 5 is alive!"

Are they partners or the Line6 buy propellerhead software?

Just curious

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
I loved 3 when I had it, awesome program. The drum programming was wonderfully simple, and the synth tones, well, it was just so very easy to get really aggro sounds going :D I wonder what wonderful new goodies they'll be throwing in this one :scratch: Either way, I'm sure it would be a great addition to my thus far FL Studio 9 only tracks :lol:

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
Propellerheads (makers of Reason, Record, etc.) are not owned by Line 6, they are partners. I believe Line 6 helps with distribution and perhaps some technical support.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I actually really, really loved Reason when I was on Windows full-time. Has anyone tried Record yet?

The only put off to Record is that it doesn't take AU instruments, which means I couldn't use EZ Drummer, which I've grown to love.

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
^ I don't see why it wouldn't work as a VST, I thought EZ-Drummer came with multiple plugin types so you could use it with basically everything.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Propellerheads (makers of Reason, Record, etc.) are not owned by Line 6, they are partners. I believe Line 6 helps with distribution and perhaps some technical support.
This is correct. Line6 are distributors for them at least here in N.America. Props are also utilizing some of Line6's plugins in Record.

I actually really, really loved Reason when I was on Windows full-time. Has anyone tried Record yet?

The only put off to Record is that it doesn't take AU instruments, which means I couldn't use EZ Drummer, which I've grown to love.
I was on their beta team briefly for Record (also just finished the R5 beta). Besides the fact that it was a closed-environment for 3rd party plug-ins. As soon as I found out that they're requiring a hardware dongle for it (that also phones home), I uninstalled and told them I wasn't interested in testing it anymore. While I understand why they wanted to keep it a closed environment for reliability and user GUI issues. The dongle was all Line6's doing to protect their plugins. Which IMHO, aren't all that worthwhile protecting.

EZ Drummer should work as a VST, shouldn't it
No VST, AU, RTAS, etc support. It's all a closed environment. Their suggestion for using additional effects? Rewire Reason into the session.

·
18,790 Posts
No VST, AU, RTAS, etc support. It's all a closed environment. Their suggestion for using additional effects? Rewire Reason into the session.
:noway: I hope they enjoy being completely useless and undesirable. Way to slide under all the competition. I mean, from the sounds of it, they just outdid Avid/Digidesign on limiting their users, and they don't have the reputation and plugin support to back it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.