Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my ongoing effort to get Drew's ass in gear to record his album, I'm throwing down the gauntlet.

Right now Drew has all the bass guitar tracks to his album done. He's working on acoustics. Last we talked, he had recorded all the acoustic guitars too, but wasn't completely happy with them and might re-record them.

Having said that, I heard his new version of Alien Love Child, and it's awesome :agreed:

Me? I'm working on two albums at the same time. I have a song and a half completed for my light album, and I have several scratchpad recordings for my heavy album. I figure I'll finish both in about 6 - 9 months, and I'm releasing both at the same time.

So here's the challenge: Drew, if you complete your album first, I will fly to Boston and play a show backing you up. If I complete my album(s) first, you will agree to fly to Phoenix and back me up for a show.

I'm not worried about other bandmembers, we'll play to backing tracks :yesway:

Drew's advantage: He has less to record.
My advantage: I've finished an album before. :fawk:

The winner's show will be filmed and posted on MG.org. Whaddaya say Drew?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I totally want to play rhythm guitar behind both of you. :agreed:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
OH ITS OWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I'd also volunteer to play backing, but I'm thousands of miles away :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
MG.ORG Sleep Hound
14 Posts
Hell i think id fly from the UK if anything as ridiculous as the lineup your planning is going to go ahead :lol:

i would request a smooth jazz interlude however....

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
It would definitely be worth a road trip in either direction to see that show.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
:rofl: Fuck, I wasn't going to tell anyone until I'd finished the thing, but since the secret's out now, yeah, I've been tracking since the end of June - ironically, the day I started was the night before my Firepod blew up. :lol:

Anyway, yeah, the cat's out of the bag. I've got scratch drums programmed in EzDrummer (which honestly is a cool enough program that I'm toying with just leaving them, if I have trouble getting a good recording of my drummer buddy), finished bass, and almost finished acoustic (I might re-record one track, but otherwise...). I'll be starting rhythm guitars probably this week.

So here's the challenge: Drew, if you complete your album first, I will fly to Boston and play a show backing you up. If I complete my album(s) first, you will agree to fly to Phoenix and back me up for a show.
Fuck, I was sort of hoping to do a CD release party anyway. I'm not sure what the logistics of flying with a couple guitars and a head would be like, but I'm definitely be willing to do this if we can make it work. :yesway: If we're in Boston, I might be able to put a backing band together, Vince - I know a couple drummers who I could get out here for the night, and I have a friend who;s a pretty good bassist. And we could get Quigley on rhythm guitar. :D

I wouldn't mind trying to get a couple other guys on the bill too - Angel, I'd be intimidated to share a stage with you, but fuck it. :D

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I just have to pick up the pace a bit. :lol:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts