Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Cthulhu Contractor
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys
So I have a Dave Mustaine KV1 and I am thinking about replacing the tuners. I actually have replaced the original set for the second gen because a couple of the original ones were busted when I bought the guitar many years ago. But the thing is that I find these tuners a real pain and totally unworthy of the work you have to put in for changing the strings.
However, I am not sure if I could just replace them for regular tuners like gotoh or Schaller or something that goes behind the headstock and does not look like the LSR.
Any ideas? Thanks

· Cthulhu Contractor
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hello guys
Necro bumping my own thread just to let you know that I have replaced the LSR tuners for a set of Hipshot Grip-Lock tuners. It comes with this "Universal Mount Plate" that you can have the tuners sitting on, so no additional drilling or anything is needed if you don't want to compromise the guitar "originality", per say.
So if you may be experiencing some issues with broken LSR tuners or if you just dislike them (my case) I think this is a viable option.
Musical instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory String instrument

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Building Tints and shades Vehicle door

Plant Font Music Automotive tire Plucked string instruments

Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Wood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts