1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Your custom title says "FUCK Porcupine Tree," no no advice for you! :squint:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
2 completely different instruments. No matter what anyone says, I think you need to try it first to see how YOU like it. In the ends, a guitar is like a pair of shoes. You need to know if you're confortable with it. And if you play less and less 7-strings, than the choice is somewhat obvious no?

That beeing said : :ban:

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
:pissed: Sell all your musical equipment. :pissed:

But really, if you feel like you'd get more use out of a 6 string... Go for it! :yesway:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
"Steven Wilcunt"?
WOW, you must be REALLY proud of yourself to come up with something THAT clever. Who needs a college education, or musical talent, when you have such a wonderful way with word puns! You could be the next Shakespeare, or Stephenie Meyer!

As for the guitar, you already answered your own question. Go for it.

·
I dislike Porcupine Tree.
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed. the LTD Deluxe series are awesome guitars.

That said, both Steve Wilson and Michael Akerfeldt are low quality Jason Medonca imitations.
This is not at all on-topic, but I've had a really hard time getting into Akercocke. Tried a couple times, because there's interesting stuff in there. I just can't find it enjoyable.

·
I dislike Porcupine Tree.
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
(I definitely did not expect the hate to reach two pages.)

I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger on this one. I could use the extra cash he agreed to throw in (about $150), and the LTD has good fretwork with next to no wear, just needs a fretboard-oiling and such.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.