Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
If you're not playing the guitar, then what is the point in keeping it? Pick up the one you think you'll play.

Oh, and Porcupine Tree sucks. They write boring, rambling songs that no one should be forced to listen to.

·
Registered
376 Posts
About the trade - I'd go for it if your'e done with 7's, the LTD's are personally alot more appealing to me than any production schecter, however, I just really dont like schecters in general and espacielly not the loomis because of it's bright woods choice.

So, I'm not sure how much my opinion really counts for you, but if I were you I'd definately go for it or preferabely a mh deluxe.

As for the discussion about Opeth vs Porcupine tree, well, I'm alot more of an Opeth listener than porcupine's, but, that's simply because I cant relate to porcupine's music in general, not because they suck or less better in any aspect from opeth.

I dont think there's much of a place for this comparison since they are very different artists and if any of them tries to imitate the other it's probably mikael, he stated in an interview I read that he grew up on porcupine tree as his favorite band till today.

FWIW, Steven wilson is also an Opeth listener and they are both fans of each others work.

If you ask me, I can get more into opeth mainly because they are more metal, porcupine tree has alot of ambient and mellow parts in their music that I dont really dig, but I do like the songs fear of a blank planet, harmony korine(from he's solo album) and the blind house more than any opeth song I've ever heard.

I think that I like he's voice and chord progressions better than mikael's, I just wish he did more heavier stuff.

To me it looks like this argument has alot more to do with people that are total metal heads disliking more mellow\ambient type of music than anything else.

·
I dislike Porcupine Tree.
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
It is an MH deluxe(hardtail model), which is why I even considered it.

Also, I'm not necessarily done with sevens in general, just done with Schecters. The RG1527 I played not long ago was a great guitar, but my tendinitis makes baritones just plain unfun, and I'd have no reason to tune down a seven anyway -- D standard is as low as I usually go on a six.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Also, I'm not necessarily done with sevens in general, just done with Schecters. The RG1527 I played not long ago was a great guitar, but my tendinitis makes baritones just plain unfun, and I'd have no reason to tune down a seven anyway -- D standard is as low as I usually go on a six.
Ah, makes sense. I have a 27" guitar, and I cannot play it all the time. I spend too much time on it, and I start to feel like I'm developing tendinitis. I'd recommend the C7, which I think is the only remaining standard scale 7, but then you'd be back at the standard Schecter baseball bat neck.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Ah, makes sense. I have a 27" guitar, and I cannot play it all the time. I spend too much time on it, and I start to feel like I'm developing tendinitis. I'd recommend the C7, which I think is the only remaining standard scale 7, but then you'd be back at the standard Schecter baseball bat neck.
Actually, i think the only standard scale schecter 7 is the 007 Elite.

Edit: It is, and it's been discontinued :/

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Same here, I think my next baritone will be a fanned fret. they seem to be more ergonomic.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Wow. I didn't realize that Schecter made any standard-scale sevens, ever. I guess if I see a 007 Elite laying around I'll snag it post-haste, then. ;)
If I remember rightly there are two variations of the 007 Elite. The earlier ones have a different inlay at the 12th fret (not really important :lol:) and they're H-H. The more recent ones have an S-H layout - this is the one I have and I love it. Can get some nice strat-like lead tones out the neck p'up. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.