Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dybbuk on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We recently went to record drums and had some extra time left in the studio, so we decided to do a "rough" take of a couple of our songs; there are some mistakes and what not but i wanted to have something to throw out on the internet.

The two tracks are both live with no pro tools editing or anything, just 2 guitars / bass/ drums and vocals and a bunch of mics.

I guess if i had to classify our style i would say we are a mix of prog / power / traditional / djent / and extreme metal :rofl: We just try to write stuff that is interesting and catchy but cant really be put into a box.

The influences are all over the place, our drummer comes from a death / grid core back ground, the other guitarist is heavily influenced by power and traditional metal. Our bassist is into more progish stuff, our singer was in a DIO cover band and is really into power metal... and i like everything.

So it makes for an interesting mix..

I'd love to know what you guys think, any criticism is welcome :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like the mix in styles a lot. I'd love to here the final professionally recorded versions of these songs.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I like the songs and songwriting a lot! If the playing could be tightened up a little this would be pure money :yesway:

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea some parts are pretty sloppy, we had practice today and it did sound a lot tighter..

obviously for the recording it will be easier to be tight.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It sounds pretty good. I like that you have a singer and not some grunter/screamer. All in all it sounds like a very good start. :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Can't really get into the singing but the rest is cool. :metal:

Second thought the singing it good I think its just the production that makes it feel kind of disjointed.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't really get into the singing but the rest is cool. :metal:

Second thought the singing it good I think its just the production that makes it feel kind of disjointed.
Thanks bro, yea the mix is really rough.. it was literally after 12 hours of recording drums that day, we decided to just do something real quick so we can show it to our friends :)

BTW, the coolest member of MetalGuitarist.org (Mr. Drew Peterson) is now our myspace friend \m/, i had to add him to our top friends :)

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

But he doesnt have any albums released and will break everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts