Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been drooling over that one, too. Can't speak to the radius, but they have very shreddable necks.
Didn't you have that black one I stupidly didn't buy from you like 1.5 years ago?

Noticing if something is CR purely from feel is kind of a tall order, and really it's not THAT big a deal, but just a point of interest for me really.

I was banking on if anybody on this site would know it would be you.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Hm. No idea, really. I don't recall anyone but Jackson doing compound radius fretboards on production guitars in that era.

KILLER looking guitar, though. 25-year-old shred machines don't get much cleaner than that!

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I think these were 12" (or maybe 14"). I don't think they were compound. I have no source I can cite for that, though.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Didn't you have that black one I stupidly didn't buy from you like 1.5 years ago?
Yep. Mine was basically the beater cousin of that yellow one. Did I offer it to you when I sold it? I can't remember. If not, I'm sorry. It was a great guitar, but I just wasn't playing it, since I prefer Jackson neck shapes.

You have to be a bit careful with these old ESP neckthrus, a fair number of them are completely tone-dead. The prices on the old ones have climbed beyond the point where I'd feel comfortable taking a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts