Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and all I get are listings like this:

1991 CHARVEL JACKSON AVENGER GUITAR Brand New with Locking Case RANDY RHOADS | eBay

It's the same 3 or 4 guitars... one red, one white, and I think 2 black ones, and the people want $800+ for them. I don't think one has sold in the 2 years I've been watching them.

I seem to recall 3 or 4 years ago you couldn't give the Avengers away, and I was under the impression that you still couldn't.

If they want to sell them, they just need to drop the price to where a Predator or a 375 would be, and I'd buy it in a second. It's ludicrous that they think they can get more for an Avenger than for a Rhoads Pro.

Hell, for that money, I might even be able to get a Warrior Pro, but I think 4 guys on the JCF own every single one of those ever made.

Reactions: Psyler

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I'd rather get the RR5 for that price... I mean it would be cool to have a "Charvel" Rhoades but damn...

It is kinda cool how they got the pickups though :yesway:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the H/S config is why I want one (Yes, I know it's a S/S in the bridge with another Single in the neck, but it's a common mod to install a humbucker.) That, and they come with Schaller floyds instead of TRSes.

And it might be psychosomatic, but I think the MIJ Charvels were better-built than the modern MIJ Jacksons.

Regarding the RR5, though, there are a ton of guitars I'd rather have at that price. an M-II, a used RR1, an Ontario Soloist, a beat-up Universe, the list goes on.

I want to buy one at the price I think they're actually worth, about $400 with a case, in pretty good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts